We go to space to improve life on Earth
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
AVIONICS QUALITY INSPECTOR
Rocket Lab Quality organization is seeking to hire an Avionics Quality Inspector to carry out inspections using, but not limited to, prescribed inspection criteria. A high level of attention to detail to detect anything related to the product that does not meet engineering/production standards. Being familiar with industry standards for Soldering and Harnessing is required. In addition to inspecting, an ability to steer and guide decisions to bring the quality process to the highest standard possible is required, this include problem solving capability and clear communication skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Highlight all concerns directly back to the production team and record the issues in the quality monitoring system and the manufacturing execution system.
- Perform work in process quality inspections and final sign-off inspections in order to release product for flight.
- Report trends and feedback to production.
- Follow and create detailed work instructions for receiving inspection for PCBA’s, Harnessing, Electro-mechanical components and assemblies and test reports.
- Provide detailed feedback for electronics production improvements to ensure high quality standards are maintained.
- Take part in PFMEAs and participate to drive actions to completion.
- Support to prepare the production area for external audits and perform internal audit, including tracking actions following the corrective action requests.
- Follow up on calibration tracking and compliance to tool calibration system.
- Help develop the quality processes within the production area to ensure compliance.
- Collaborate with engineering and management to improve work instructions and identify critical inspection points in the process.
- Follow the written process but be prepared to highlight opportunities to improve the process.
- Think creatively; question the status quo.
- Be an active member of the local 5S work center, suggesting improvements and actively taking on jobs that benefit the department.
- Have a willingness and an aptitude to learn new things.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- 5+ years of experience working in quality assurance role in electronics manufacturing environment.
- Previous IPC-A-610 Certification.
- Be familiar with IPC/WHMA-A-620C and/or AC 43.13.
- Be familiar with and preferably certified to IPC J-STD-001 with space addendum.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- A very high level of attention to detail and the ability to produce work to an exceptional standard of accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as autonomously.
- Able to read, understand and follow manufacturing instructions and drawings.