We go to space to improve life on Earth
ABOUT THE ROLE
Why Rocket Lab
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launches. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Based at Rocket Lab’s new headquarters in Long Beach, California the Transactional Accounting Manager is responsible for overseeing accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, timekeeping functions in an aerospace manufacturing environment. You will support the Assistant Controller and Finance organization, with deliverables required for internal leadership, board of directors, and investors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overseeing all payable processes and work with procurement and inventory control to support the procurement to pay business cycle.
- Monitoring and reconciling the Company’s GRNI balance.
- Overseeing all accounts receivable / invoicing and cash application cycle and work with contracts and operations to support proper invoicing set up in the system.
- In charge of reconciling timekeeping to payroll for accurate expense recording.
- Support month-end close based on the above functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 5+ years of accounting experience in the aerospace and manufacturing industry
- Experience with INFOR / LN ERP system
- Experience with ERP transactional accounting and processes is a must
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.