Frequent and Reliable Launch Is Here.
Rocket Lab is redefining how we access space by providing frequent and reliable launch to Low Earth Orbit (LEO) – we’re opening access to space to improve life on Earth. Rocket Lab is the global market leader in dedicated small satellite launch, with a strong leadership team, solid financial backing and a full launch manifest. To meet the growing demand of dedicated small satellite launch, Rocket Lab is assembling a world-class team.
Rocket Lab is its people. We are seeking passionate individuals comfortable working in a fast-growing, dynamic, and collaborative work environment where they will be given ownership of responsibilities and expected to perform at a high level.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the preparation and review of monthly close to ensure financial reporting is accurate and timely for the organization. This position addresses a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager will have contact with senior team members and reports to the Controller, requiring strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly close; includes preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations, and monthly variance analysis.
- Continually monitor accounting policies and procedures and ensure proper application of significant accounting policies are consistent with GAAP.
- Assist in the preparation of consolidated financial reporting of domestic and international operations.
- Review key balance sheet and income statement accounts and investigate monthly fluctuations.
- Monitor daily cash balances and effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues.
- Ensure compliance with all taxation requirements, including the preparation of the annual tax return, and assisting with global tax requirements.
- Analyze and report variances to operating budgets and prior period results.
- Provide supervision, training, and development of staff.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and engage in special projects for management.
- Review and challenge current processes with an objective to create efficiencies.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Additional duties as reasonably required.
- Solid understanding of accounting, finance, and operations within a global corporate accounting environment.
- Strong leadership, management, and people skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to explain complex ideas and information to others.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate financial results.
- Ability to routinely meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Required Education & Experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- B.S. in accounting or finance
- Manufacturing industry experience a must
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience
- At least seven (7) years of related work experience with a combination of public accounting and private industry experience
Preferred Education & Experience
- Big 4 or Public Accounting preferred
- Foreign currency and International experience preferred
- Experience working within the aerospace & defense industry
- Experience with Infor LN, Oracle, JDE, SAP or similar ERP system
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.