Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth.
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
This is a rare opportunity to play a key role in Rocket Lab’s evolution into an end-to-end space company that delivers launch, spacecraft, and on-orbit operations. The Space Systems Division is shaping Rocket Lab’s future with Photon, our brand of high-performance satellites, enabling innovative missions in low Earth orbit and beyond including missions for NASA to LEO, the Moon, and Mars and commercial customers including leading the design and manufacture of 17 high power telecommunication spacecraft buses for Globalstar.
Rocket Lab is also growing spacecraft components business, anchored on the acquisition of Sinclair Interplanetary manufacturing reaction wheels and star trackers in Toronto, SolAero Technologies manufacturing solar power and primary structure solutions in Albuquerque, Planetary Systems Corporation manufacturing launch separation systems in Silver Spring, and Advanced Solutions, Inc. provider flight and ground software as a service in Denver. Our component’s business is key to vertically integrating our spacecraft solutions and enabling constellations for customers.
Located in Littleton, CO, in this role you will play a key role in supporting the development of our next generation simulation and flight software configuration toolset. You’ll spend your days participating in all aspects of software design and development, from requirements definition through coding and testing. These applications are built on a stack of .NET and Angular and rely heavily on relational databases and REST API’s.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Develop application software based on web technologies that is able to run across a variety of operating systems such as: Windows and Linux
- Able to follow UI/UX best practices to create streamlined, easy to use clients
- Collaborate with multiple teams to analyze their needs and develop requirements
- Participate in review of source code changes and ensure all changes meet company coding standards
- Participate in design reviews such as PDR and CDR
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- An engineering degree in computer science, computer engineering, equivalent degree, or relevant work experience
- Minimum of 2+ years applicable professional experience
- Angular or other Frontend framework (React, Vue, etc.)
- REST API’s
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Experience working in a scrum / agile environment
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes
- Network programming (Sockets/WebSockets)
- Relational Databases (MySQL, SQL Server, SQLite, etc.)
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation offer package based on individual qualifications and experience, including company stock. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab’s Employee Stock Purchase Program.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.