Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action-oriented. While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Facility Manager, Space Systems
Responsibility / Mission:
Responsible for the Photon Space Systems Cleanroom and Lab facilities. Cleanroom and Lab facilities have been designed and starting construction, however the Space Systems team is in search of a facility manager that will be responsible for overseeing facility construction, facility setup (including equipment ordering as needed, equipment receivables and deployment), facility maintenance (equipment calibrations, equipment and consumables stock levels, interfacing with relevant trades to support upkeep of equipment), and lead efforts towards facility expansion when required. Candidate will be the Space System facility liaison between other RL facility staff and external facility-related trades.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of manufacturing facility management experience, with a preference towards space or aviation facility experience.
- Experience in interfacing with facility trades, utilities, architectural personnel.
- Experience with cleanroom setup and maintenance.
- Experience with thermal, thermal shock, vacuum and thermal vacuum chambers including basic maintenance.
- Experience with vibration tables and anechoic chambers including basic maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of maintenance and calibration needs of avionics test equipment (power supplies, RF, logic, etc.).
- Experience with lab consumable stock management.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status