SENIOR GROUND SYSTEMS ENGINEER, INSTRUMENTATION & CONTROL
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth.
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Senior Ground Systems Engineer – Instrumentation and Control
Based out of Rocket Lab’s Launch Complex 2 (LC-2) in Wallops Island, VA, the Senior Ground Systems Engineer, Instrumentation and Control is responsible for the automation, testing and commissioning of fluid and gas systems at all Rocket Lab launch and engine test facilities. You will support the Director of Test and Launch Operations and Ground Systems team, supporting the Electron program, Neutron development and test at Wallops Island.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Design control systems for launch vehicle transporters, erectors, and launchers, propulsion test stands
- Support certification of launch pad systems including producing documentation operator manuals, maintenance procedures, test procedures, and work instructions
- Support technicians remotely or in person during installation, commissioning, testing, and troubleshooting activities
- Post-flight and post-test data analysis
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4-year engineering degree (Preferably, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace
- 5+ years of experience within an aerospace, industrial or relevant industry environment
- Hands-on experience with data acquisition, control, and automation systems
- Experience with object Oriented PLC programming
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- 8+ years of experience within an aerospace, industrial or relevant industry environment
- Experience implementing functional safety (IEC 61508 & IEC 61511)
- Experience with NI LabVIEW an asset
- Development with tools including: C/C++, Python, TeamCity, EPlan, Bekhoff PLC Programming, NI cRio controller programming, Perforce Version Control System, Gitlab/Git Version Control System
- Experience with launch pad systems
- Experience with design of electrical systems for explosive atmosphere environments (AS/NZS/IEC 60079 or equivalent)
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.