We go space to improve life on earth
About the role
A Junior Engineer in the Propulsion Engineering Team at Rocket Lab is responsible for contributing to product upkeep and development engineering work on the propulsion systems. This role requires close work with more experienced engineers to deliver project contributions to the expectations of the company.
- Experience meets role specific skill sets
- Able to effectively transfer skills to rocket propulsion technology where applicable and still deliver required company outcomes
- University level engineering project completed from conception to operation successfully
- University level experience working with two or more of the analysis types below:
- Structural static and/or non-linear analysis
- Modal and/or frequency domain analysis
- Computational fluid dynamics analysis
- Heat transfer or thermal analysis
- Fatigue and/or creep analysis
- DFMEA and/or PFMEA analysis
- DMAIC and/or fishbone analysis
As well as a being a career-defining role, working at Rocket Lab means being part of meaningful projects with world-leading experts.
Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference.
We get things done. Our team is nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented. While other companies talk about it, we do it. This means projects get the green light faster and ideas are put into practice rapidly.
Everyone works on the big stuff. This isn’t a huge aerospace company where you get lost in bureaucracy and end up a tiny cog in a giant machine. At Rocket Lab, your work directly impacts the success of each mission. Everyone’s voice is heard, and everyone can contribute major projects. This is your chance to play a pivotal role in developing space systems that change the way we access space.