We go space to improve life on earth
About the role
the Material Planner is responsible for supporting the efficient delivery of raw materials and components for Rocket Lab production needs. This role will deploy inventory strategies and drive supplier execution. You will support the Supply Chain organization, with deliverables required for internal leadership, board of directors, and investors.
- 3+ years’ experience in a material planning or relevant position, ideally in a manufacturing/engineering environment
- Proficient in MS Office, ERP systems. Math and statistics
- Understanding of planning related ERP processes and requirements including MRP and DRP
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze problems, propose solutions and/or make recommendations and take action
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Team oriented, strong ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and to multiple deadlines
- Flexible team player who is looking to thrive in a fast-growing and often-times uncertain environment
- Strong proficiency using MS Office
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Proficient in SQL and MRP systems
- Experience in aerospace or automotive manufacturing
- Prior experience in rapid growth environment
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and understand production processes and constraints
- Experience using INFOR LN
As well as a being a career-defining role, working at Rocket Lab means being part of meaningful projects with world-leading experts
Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference.
We get things done. Our team is nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented. While other companies talk about it, we do it. This means projects get the green light faster and ideas are put into practice rapidly.
Everyone works on the big stuff. This isn’t a huge aerospace company where you get lost in bureaucracy and end up a tiny cog in a giant machine. At Rocket Lab, your work directly impacts the success of each mission. Everyone’s voice is heard, and everyone can contribute major projects. This is your chance to play a pivotal role in developing space systems that change the way we access space.