We go space to improve life on earth
About the role
- Working within the Safety and Mission Assurance team you will be responsible for ensuring the safe and reliable design of Rocket Lab engineering products including launch vehicles, spacecraft, and ground support systems.
- Creating and driving the System Safety Program Plan for new projects within the launch vehicle, spacecraft, and ground system disciplines, you are expected to define requirements from safety management standards e.g., MIL-STD-882, Defence Standard 00-56, CENELEC standards e.g., EN 50129, EN 50126, through and launch range and functional safety standards such as IEC 61508, ISO 26262, DO-178C, and EN 50128
- You will also be responsible for delivering key safety products throughout the project design lifecycle reviews, substantiating your claims with appropriate analyses. Reliability outputs may also be required to support mission critical functions as required. Safety and reliability products must be maintained throughout the system lifetime by reviewing hardware and software changes with the potential to impact analyses.
- 5+ years’ experience in a compliance engineering or technical writing role within a highly regulated, technical industry
- Tertiary qualification in engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience developing safety and reliability targets for critical systems
- Analysis techniques to meet a range of systems safety objectives
- Excellent skills in the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word and Excel
- Able to work in NZ and meet all Rocket Lab security requirements
- Proficient using requirements management tools e.g., IBM DOORS, JAMA Connect
- Experience automating analysis and reporting tasks
As well as a being a career-defining role, working at Rocket Lab means being part of meaningful projects with world-leading experts.
Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference.
We get things done. Our team is nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented. While other companies talk about it, we do it. This means projects get the green light faster and ideas are put into practice rapidly.
Everyone works on the big stuff. This isn’t a huge aerospace company where you get lost in bureaucracy and end up a tiny cog in a giant machine. At Rocket Lab, your work directly impacts the success of each mission. Everyone’s voice is heard, and everyone can contribute major projects. This is your chance to play a pivotal role in developing space systems that change the way we access space.