We go space to improve life on earth
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Establish Communications System Variants
- Design and develop standard Telemetry, Tracking & Command (TT&C), and high rate payload communications systems to be used across low Earth orbit (LEO), lunar, and deep space applications.
- Develop and maintain Interface Control Documents (ICDs) between the spacecraft communications systems and on the ground.
- Define communications system roadmap.
Business Development Support
- Select and tailor RF, Telemetry, Tracking & Command (TT&C), and high rate payload communications solutions as appropriate to meet the requirements of business development opportunities.
- Develop system drawings and schematics.
- Develop system level RF analyses including link budget analyses.
- Develop mass budgets and power budgets.
Trade Studies and Market Surveys
- Conduct trade studies and work with internal technical teams as necessary to establish balanced technical solutions that align with the communications system roadmap.
- Conduct market surveys and identify suppliers and components.
- Engage prospective suppliers to ascertain component performance data and assess against system requirements.
- Shortlist and recommend components and solutions.
Satellite Integration Support
- Provide support as needed during spacecraft AIT.
- Provide support as required during production of RF components and modules.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Minimum Bachelors in Electrical Engineer, RF communications, Electronic or relevant discipline
- 5+ years’ of experience in the design, test and integration of RF communications systems.
- Experience performing RF analyses, including cascaded device analysis and link budget analysis.
- Working knowledge of modulation and coding techniques.
- Experience using test equipment including network, spectrum and signal analyzers.
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships.
- General understanding of environmental performance standards such as GSFC-STD-7000 and associated qualification and acceptance testing.
- General understanding of MIL-STD-461.
- Experience designing and testing ground stations.
- A solid theoretical and practical understanding of ranging techniques.
- Experience working on interplanetary missions using the DSN.