At Collins Aerospace, we work side-by-side with our customers to tackle the toughest challenges in aerospace and defense. We’re combining boundless imagination with a broad portfolio and an unmatched dedication to customers – all to make the skies and spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever.
Our site in Heidelberg has the following core competencies:
- Avionics Systems
- On-board electronics for land vehicles
- Products for the aerospace industry
We have established ourselves as a leading supplier of customized electronics solutions for the aerospace and defense industries. Collins Aerospace in Heidelberg supplies integrated navigation and communications systems for a wide range of military applications and is a global leader in satellite reaction wheel technology.
We are redefining aerospace.
- Holds accountability for daily operation and meeting production goals in a timely and accurate manner for a customer or a product.
- Implements production plans and provides feedback around product introduction, equipment efficiency, materials supply constraints, schedules and staffing requirements to meet given product objectives.
- Implements activities in production areas to ensure timely, high quality production at the lowest cost consistent with the quality requirements.
- Provides focus to the production team to execute to quality, schedule and cost expectations for the product.
- Implements operating plans and operating budget for the product. Defines priorities within the framework given to implement the most efficient and effective production schedule and staffing plan. Executes to the given budget targets. Develops daily plans and details to meet production needs.
- Controls and is responsible for schedules and expenditures for direct and indirect labor. Plans details of staffing and labor expenditures around given priorities. Achieves results through subordinate managers and employees by establishing operational objectives, work plans and delegating assignments.
- Implements and executes specific components of quality improvement, Lean and Six Sigma programs. Accountable for reduction of cost and waste within production. Improves productivity by implementing best practices.
- Responsible for managing the assigned product line and the related workforce. Communicates goals and strategies to the workforce, which may include represented and unrepresented components. Manages issues, solves problems, and delegates to peers and team to bring solutions. Coordinates and interacts with functional areas and business units that support the production floor, exercising indirect leadership. Directs professionals and/or direct labor. Identifies and develops leadership within the team
- Interacts frequently with internal customers and related business units
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-10 years of prior relevant experience or advanced degree in a related field
- Experience with ECSS standards and execution of space projects
- Experience in machine fabrication of high precision mechanical assemblies, placement of high reliability electrical components, and assembly in clean room
- Solid experience in a highly regulated industry, especially aerospace; experience working in large organizations with a geographically dispersed workforce
- Strong business acumen and excellent strategic problem solving and financial skills
- Well organized with solid judgment; able to adjust to changing priorities
Be part of our Team:
- Multicultural team
- Industry-specific pay
- Balancing work and family life
- Opportunity to partially work from home
- Flexible working times
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Special leave: up to additional 8 days to care for children or other dependent persons
- Rest and nursing areas
- Women’s Network for mutual support
- Local Ethics & Compliance Officer
- Culture Team to support a pleasant working atmosphere
- Company sponsored pension plan
- Corporate health management
- Job Bikes
- Company canteen with health-conscious meals
- Internal and external training opportunities to promote the continuous learning and development of our employees
- Global career opportunities
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.