RUAG International is a Swiss technology group focusing on the aerospace industry.
Let’s exceed the expected!
RUAG Space is part of RUAG International. The company focuses on the aerospace industry and employs around 6’000 employees. RUAG Space is the leading supplier of products for the space industry in Europe. Three product groups, six countries, one team: Electronics, Spacecraft and Launchers are part of our product portfolio. In addition to Switzerland – which is RUAG Space’s headquarters – we are also represented in Sweden, Austria, Finland, Germany and the USA. We develop, produce and test subsystems and equipment for use in space. Experience, outstanding reliability, customer focus and a comprehensive, clearly structured product portfolio all make RUAG Space the partner of choice for manufacturers of satellites and launchers across the globe. We set trends and stand for innovation – embodied by numerous projects in the production of individual and sophisticated structures, mechanisms and launch vehicles.
In this exiting and challenging position at our site in Vienna you are responsible for the development of ASICs and FPGAs for satellites as well as satellite test systems, taking the environmental conditions of space applications into account.
- Designing of FPGAs and functional blocks (IPs) in VHDL
- Verification of FPGAs and functional blocks (IPs) with UVVM or UVM
- Implementation of FPGAs (synthesis, place&route) from VHDL model to programming file
- Integration of FPGAs into systems and test environments
- Establishing and improving the development environment and the development processes
- Proposals and product developments
- New ideas and improvements for products
- Establishing technical specifications
- Technical documentation
Skills & Experience
- University degree in electronics engineering
- Experience in FPGA development
- Good VHDL knowledge
- Knowledge in digital electronics
- Interdisciplinary thinking (VHDL – synthesis – board design – test conditions – RF – system)
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English, basic German is useful
- Team player with a high degree of self-organisation and professionalism
Nice to have
- Experience in verification with SystemVerilog / UVM or UVVM(OSVVM)
- Knowledge in telecommunications and digital signal processing
- Exprerience with Matlab
- Cooperation in a motivated, helpful and highly qualified team
- A working environment unique in Austria in a space technology company
- A flexitime model with integrated bridge and Christmas holidays
- Supported company canteen
- Supported Yoga classes
Monthly salary: minimum 2.896,77.- according to the collective agreement. The actual salary is dependent on qualification and professional experience.
Did we spark your interest in this exciting position? Then we look forward to receiving your online application.
RUAG Space | Recruiter/HR Manager: Birgitt Zadina | Tel. +431801992130 |
RUAG International is a Swiss technology group focusing on the aerospace industry. Based in Zurich (Switzerland) and with production sites in 14 countries, the company is divided into four divisions: Space, Aerostructures, MRO International and Ammotec. With its strategic focus on the Aerospace business unit, the company will consist of the two divisions Aerostructures and Space in the medium term. RUAG Space is Europe’s leading supplier of products used in the aerospace industry. RUAG Aerostructures is a global first-tier supplier in aircraft structure construction. RUAG International employs around 6’000 people, two thirds of whom work abroad.