RUAG International is a Swiss technology group focusing on the aerospace industry.
Let’s exceed the expected!
RUAG Space is part of RUAG International. The company focuses on the aerospace industry and employs around 6’000 employees. RUAG Space is the leading supplier of products for the space industry in Europe. Three product groups, six countries, one team: Electronics, Spacecraft and Launchers are part of our product portfolio. In addition to Switzerland – which is RUAG Space’s headquarters – we are also represented in Sweden, Austria, Finland, Germany and the USA. We develop, produce and test subsystems and equipment for use in space. Experience, outstanding reliability, customer focus and a comprehensive, clearly structured product portfolio all make RUAG Space the partner of choice for manufacturers of satellites and launchers across the globe. We set trends and stand for innovation – embodied by numerous projects in the production of individual and sophisticated structures, mechanisms and launch vehicles.
- Take the lead as system engineer/technical project manager over a project team of engineers of several disciplines
- Working in the field of engineering and contact person for co-ordination of assembly, integration, and testing
- Communication and co-operation with engineers of the Product Unit Mechanisms in Zurich/Switzerland and international project partners
- Development and review of component and test specifications in English or if applicable in German language
- Responsible for development and analysis of mechanisms for the motion and position control in space and vacuum applications
- Simulation of behavior and function of mechanisms under mechanical and thermal, static, and dynamic loads with Hyperworks, Nastran, NX
- Monitoring of assembly and verification start of new components within clean room
- Documentation of work especially the simulation assumptions, methods, and results according to internal guidelines in German or English language
- Participation in the preparation of proposals/offers
- Final degree as Mechanical engineer, automatization technology, technical mechanics, aerospace/space technologies
- Preferably experience in technical leading of project teams
- Willingness to work and exchange in an international team
- Quality conscious, ability for traceable documentation
- Self-employed analysis of complex tasks and ability to estimate effort and necessary skills for solving problems
- Knowledge or long experience in the development of mechanical and electro-mechanical components and assemblies (e.g. for space and vacuum applications)
- Reliability, accuracy
- Very good German and English language skills
- Experience in the programming of numerical challenging tasks for efficient solutions
Did we spark your interest in this exciting position? Then we look forward to receiving your online application.
RUAG International is a Swiss technology group focusing on the aerospace industry. Based in Zurich (Switzerland) and with production sites in 14 countries, the company is divided into four divisions: Space, Aerostructures, MRO International and Ammotec. With its strategic focus on the Aerospace business unit, the company will consist of the two divisions Aerostructures and Space in the medium term. RUAG Space is Europe’s leading supplier of products used in the aerospace industry. RUAG Aerostructures is a global first-tier supplier in aircraft structure construction. RUAG International employs around 6’000 people, two thirds of whom work abroad.