RUAG International is a Swiss technology group focusing on the aerospace industry.
Let’s exceed the expected!
RUAG Space is part of RUAG International. The company focuses on the aerospace industry and employs around 6’000 employees. RUAG Space is the leading supplier of products for the space industry in Europe. Three product groups, six countries, one team: Electronics, Spacecraft and Launchers are part of our product portfolio. In addition to Switzerland – which is RUAG Space’s headquarters – we are also represented in Sweden, Austria, Finland, Germany and the USA. We develop, produce and test subsystems and equipment for use in space. Experience, outstanding reliability, customer focus and a comprehensive, clearly structured product portfolio all make RUAG Space the partner of choice for manufacturers of satellites and launchers across the globe. We set trends and stand for innovation – embodied by numerous projects in the production of individual and sophisticated structures, mechanisms and launch vehicles.
- Global responsible for the development of our products for launcher vehicles and spacecrafts made from fiber composites
- Coordination with Program Management for proposals and contract processing
- Establishment of a state-of-the-art development process including work with international units
- Integration of Operations in the context of simultaneous engineering
- Active interaction with Product Management around new products and portfolio decisions
- Control of progress by implementing and monitoring the corresponding KPIs
- Control of internal processes, resources, and capacity planning
- Leadership of the teams and people and culture development
- Budget planning, controlling, and reporting
- Member of the Senior Management Team RUAG Space to define and implement strategies, roadmaps, and improvement measures
- Master’s degree in mechanical engineering or comparable
- More than 5 years of experience in a senior engineering role with leadership responsibility
- A proven track record in the successful implementation of global development projects
- Good technical knowledge of fiber composite constructions is advantageous
- Knowledge of the aerospace environment is an advantage
- Customer-oriented mindset, excellent communication, and advanced negotiation skills with internal and external stakeholders, also across country borders
- Strong affinity to modern development methods (agile, lean, etc), target costing and design through to production
- Motivated and passionate leader with the ability to drive change
Did we spark your interest in this exciting position? Then we look forward to receiving your online application.
RUAG Space | Recruiter/HR Manager: Lidije Sinani | Tel. +41 794730817
RUAG International is a Swiss technology group focusing on the aerospace industry. Based in Zurich (Switzerland) and with production sites in 14 countries, the company is divided into four divisions: Space, Aerostructures, MRO International and Ammotec. With its strategic focus on the Aerospace business unit, the company will consist of the two divisions Aerostructures and Space in the medium term. RUAG Space is Europe’s leading supplier of products used in the aerospace industry. RUAG Aerostructures is a global first-tier supplier in aircraft structure construction. RUAG International employs around 6’000 people, two thirds of whom work abroad.