RUAG is an international technology group with more than 9,000 employees worldwide, which is active in the aerospace, security and defense technology.RUAG Corporate Services, based in Bern and Zurich, comprises the Group Executive Board and the central staff services Corporate HR, Finance & Controlling, Legal & Compliance, Corporate Communication, Corporate IT and Real Estate.
Let’s exceed the expected
The sky’s the limit when it comes to the challenges we accept. Which is why we need people who have set their goals high and want to go above and beyond. Does this sound like you?
RUAG Space is part of RUAG International. We focus on the aerospace industry and our employees, representing 67 different nationalities, produce innovative solutions to today’s and tomorrow’s challenges. RUAG Space is the leading supplier of products for the space industry in Europe, with a growing presence in the United States. Experience, outstanding reliability, customer focus, and a comprehensive, clearly structured product portfolio make RUAG Space the partner of choice for manufacturers of satellites and launchers across the globe.
The right candidate will have, demonstrable on the resume, at least five years’ worth of Thermal Analysis experience, using Sinda/Fluint, Thermal Desktop, and MATLAB. Also, you will have Thermal Protection System (TPS) experience, preferably on spacecraft.
- Define analysis approaches to investigate thermal design problems or verify solutions
- Ingest, understand and track allocated requirements
- Establish analysis methods and create thermal mathematical models and geometric mathematical models using TD DIRECT/Thermal Desktop, MATLAB, EXCEL and other engineering tools
- Generate, execute, and post-process analysis jobs in Thermal Desktop/SINDA/FLUINT
- Perform concept studies in collaboration with other stakeholders
- Perform detailed TPS/TCS sizing and design verification
- Provide support to establish test plans
- Perform test predictions, test evaluations and correlations
- Support manufacturing non-conformances and change requests
- Document technical work in analysis reports
- Undergraduate degree in an engineering discipline and 5+ years relevant experience
- Thermal analysis experience on an aerospace vehicle program
- Experience with thermal protection systems (TPS)
- Expertise with thermal analysis tools such as TD Direct/Thermal Desktop and Sinda Fluint
- Proficiency with MATLAB, Excel, and other analysis tools
- Experience with analysis documentation and flight certification
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. permanent resident
Security Clearance / International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). Therefore, all applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined in ITAR 120.15 (e.g., U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or protected individual. Also see 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) and 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) for additional information).
RUAG Space USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by law.
Did we launch your enthusiasm about this exciting position?
We look forward to receiving your online application at the following link: