RUAG Space is part of RUAG International. We focus on the aerospace industry and our employees, representing 67 different nationalities, produce innovative solutions to today's and tomorrow's challenges. RUAG Space is the leading supplier of products for the space industry in Europe, with a growing presence in the United States. Experience, outstanding reliability, customer focus, and a comprehensive, clearly structured product portfolio make RUAG Space the partner of choice for manufacturers of satellites and launchers across the globe.
Let’s exceed the expected
The sky’s the limit when it comes to the challenges we accept. Which is why we need people who have set their goals high and want to go above and beyond. Does this sound like you?
- Perform composite sandwich structures preparation tasks such carbon and glass fiber cutting, shaping, and installation onto molds. Operate powered machine tools as required.
- Perform manufacturing tasks required to prepare, transport, install, and certify ordnance components and separation systems.
- Perform painting of flight products, tooling, and furnishings, and operate sealed paint booths
- Perform installation of electrical harnesses, instrumentation, doors, ductwork, and other subassemblies and components
- Prepare, package, and transport aerospace products, subassemblies, and components within the factory and to the Customer
- Integrate thermal shelter and acoustic protection panels
- Review engineering drawings and specifications as required to assemble and test aerospace components.
- Receive, unpack , prepare, and stage hardware components for manufacturing
- Provide factory support at the site of launch (Cape Canaveral, FL, and Vandenberg, CA)
- Generate continuous improvement suggestions and implement improved processes
- Perform chemical coating, adhesive preparation and application, and finishing of aerospace hardware.
- Install, maintain, clean, service, and certify production and test tooling
- Use precision measuring equipment and tooling during the manufacturing process
- Read and perform computer-based manufacturing procedures, and provide computer entries that documents manufacturing processes.
- Operate powered vehicles and hand trucks such as forklifts, carts, mobile platforms.
- Operate cranes and large doors as required to move hardware and tooling.
- Operate production systems that perform nondestructive testing, machining, fiber layup, composite oven curing.
- Identify hardware non-conformances and perform disposition tasks.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Assembly/Integration background preferred
- Previous composite and/or lightweight construction experience is preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED (education will be verified)
Security Clearance / International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). Therefore, all applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined in ITAR 120.15 (e.g., U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or protected individual. Also see 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) and 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) for additional information).
RUAG Space USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by law.
Did we launch your enthusiasm about this exciting position? We look forward to receiving your online application at the following link: http://tinyurl.com/RUAGCareers