RUAG International is a Swiss technology group focusing on the aerospace industry.
Let’s exceed the expected!
RUAG Space is part of RUAG International. The company focuses on the aerospace industry and employs around 6’000 employees. RUAG Space is the leading supplier of products for the space industry in Europe. Three product groups, six countries, one team: Electronics, Spacecraft and Launchers are part of our product portfolio. In addition to Switzerland – which is RUAG Space’s headquarters – we are also represented in Sweden, Austria, Finland, Germany and the USA. We develop, produce and test subsystems and equipment for use in space. Experience, outstanding reliability, customer focus and a comprehensive, clearly structured product portfolio all make RUAG Space the partner of choice for manufacturers of satellites and launchers across the globe. We set trends and stand for innovation – embodied by numerous projects in the production of individual and sophisticated structures, mechanisms and launch vehicles.
- Act as the main quality interface to both production and the customer for assigned products/projects
- Manage the review and approval of quality documentation including those from suppliers such as Req. for Deviation (RFD), Req. for Waiver (RFW), Certificate of Conformance (CoC), etc.
- Lead in the preparation, presentation of Acceptance Data Packages per customer requirements. Including but not limited to Configuration Documentation, Unit NC Package, CoC, Shipping Documentation, Material Certifications, Customer Hardware Inspections, Minutes Of Meeting.
- Managing the Non-Conformance (NC) process ensuring proper Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) activities are completed and documented:
- Identify Non Conformance’s to customer requirements (SOW, Control Drawings, RUAG Internal Specifications)
- Processing related documentation and ERP system requirements (SAP QM) -Moderate and lead the Non-Conformance Review Board (NRB)
- Drive closure of all Non Conformance’s with both local and international responsible team members.
- Lead process investigations and Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Extensive use of SAP, Word, and Excel for reporting and investigation
- Ability to prepare and lead reporting activities for responsible project, internally and with the customers. Including but not limited to manufacturing readiness reviews, hardware acceptance reviews and pedigree reviews with the USG.
- Prepare in process and part inspection plans in cooperation with the engineering departments
- Perform, document, and interpret quality inspections using prescribed methods, equipment, and applicable standards.
- Perform all duties within established time and process requirements to ensure contractual dates are met
- Proactively support the Continuous Improvement Process
- Support activity toward maintaining certification to AS9100
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in Aerospace/Mechanical engineering preferred, Aerospace Technician Associates degree and/or extensive relevant experience considered.
- Mechanical aptitude is preferred
- Previous composite and/or lightweight materials inspection experience is preferred
- Ability to adept to a dynamic condition on the floor wrt start up activity for the facility and individual programs
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in cross functional and international settings
- Must be able to travel both international and domestic as required with extended travel to Switzerland a possibility for initial training
- Strong PC skills ( Microsoft Excel,Word,Power Point etc) required to generate and maintain highly scrutinized reporting.
- Strong SAP knowledge (QM, MM, QP) is considered a plus
Security Clearance / International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). Therefore, all applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined in ITAR 120.15 (e.g., U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or protected individual. Also see 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) and 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) for additional information).
RUAG Space USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by law.
Did we spark your interest in this exciting position? Then we look forward to receiving your online application
RUAG International is a Swiss technology group focusing on the aerospace industry. Based in Zurich (Switzerland) and with production sites in 14 countries, the company is divided into four divisions: Space, Aerostructures, MRO International and Ammotec. With its strategic focus on the Aerospace business unit, the company will consist of the two divisions Aerostructures and Space in the medium term. RUAG Space is Europe’s leading supplier of products used in the aerospace industry. RUAG Aerostructures is a global first-tier supplier in aircraft structure construction. RUAG International employs around 6’000 people, two thirds of whom work abroad.