Lead Mechanical CAD Designer
Visionary, Reliable and European group focusing on Space Systems and Subsystems. Starting from project requirement we provide engineering, manufacturing, assembly and integration up to qualification of mechanical space systems and mechanisms. We are committed to providing the highest level of professionalism, service response and quality workmanship.
Who we are
We are a space company and we try to stretch the boundaries. We are located in Brno, Czech Republic. A few meters away is our own ISO 8 clean room.
What we do
We develop! We start with a sheet of paper and we develop the best solution for the European Space Agency (ESA). Our main domains of activity are space system, subsystem and unit design and development. We have our own procurement and quality control. The components we design and develop are manufactured by our partners and then we integrate and test them in our laboratories.
What we are working on
We supply the upper part of the VEGA launcher. We are responsible for the development and delivery of the structure of PLATO satellite, which will operate at L2 to discover Exoplanets. We help scientists to perform their experiments on board the ISS. We develop a satellite for remote Copernicus – European Earth Observation Program. But there is much more and we need help, so we are looking for another colleague.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a colleague who uses common sense, acts independently and responsibly, and will fit into our friendly, space-pervaded environment.
- Coordinate the activities of the team (3-6 mechanical designers).
- Support design activities during critical project phases.
- Check and be responsible for technical documentation of the mechanical department.
- Participation in technical projects meetings.
- Propose and justify the design changes and support relevant trade-offs.
- Execute additional training of newly hired mechanical engineers.
- Design mechanical / structural systems and products based on a set of given and derived requirements.
- Redaction of accompanying documentation (product tree, definition file, ECO, ICD assemblies, mechanical design description, mass budget report).
- Assures system and product quality by confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Work with engineers and other designers in the overall assignment to coordinate designs.
- Review and check design models, drawings and design documents prepared by other designers.
- Creation and maintenance of a bill of materials.
- Reporting in English.
- Participation in reviews and meetings with customers and suppliers.
Required technical skills/competences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Previous experience with ESA projects (min. 3 years), knowledge of project stages.
- 3+ years’ experience in mechanical design (CFRP structures would be an advantage).
- In-depth knowledge of 3D CAD software, previous experience with Siemens NX software to create models and drawings (min. 3 years) is a benefit.
- Design experience in the space/automotive sector, (alternatively an experience in the field of carbon mechanical structures).
- Skill in reading, interpreting and using related documents and drawings prepared by other project groups.
- Multi-task, be a self starter, work under pressure and meet deadlines consistently.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and cutting tool technology.
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and solve problems effectively.
- Teamwork skills.
- Team leader experience.
A professional level of the English language (oral and written) is required. Other European languages are beneficial but not necessary.
We value previous experience with ESA projects and ECSS standards.
- The opportunity to participate in unique projects for the European Space Agency.
- The opportunity to develop the Czech space industry.
- Constant stimuli to learn and grow professionally.
- Stability – due to the cosmic projects, we have our work planned for the next decade.
- Good coffee and great colleagues.
- Full Time Contract.
- A range of company benefits (eg: 100% paid meal vouchers, company phone subsidized tariff, 5 weeks holiday, Sick Days).