We develop! Our main domain is mechanical systems.
Who we are?
We are a space company and we try to stretch the boundaries. We are located in the Technology Park in Brno. We have development and administrative offices in the TechNest building. A few meters away are our own ISO 8 laboratories.
What do we do?
We develop! We start with a sheet of plain and we try to develop the best solution for the European Space Agency (ESA). Our main domain is mechanical systems. We also have our own procurement and quality control. We have the components we develop manufactured by proven partners and then we assemble and test them in our laboratories. A complete product leaves us.
What are we working on?
We supply the upper part of the VEGA rocket. Within six years, we must develop and deliver a module for the Plato satellite, which will travel through deep space in search of Exoplanets. We supply materials and components for the International Space Station (ISS). We have also joined the Exomars 2020 mission.
But there is much more and we need help, so we are looking for another colleague.
What would be expected by us?
- Coordinate the activities of the team (3-6 mechanical designers)
- Previous experience with Siemens NX software to create models and drawings (min. 3 years)
- Support design activities during critical in critical project phases
- Check and be responsible for technical documentation of the mechanical department
- Participation on technical projects meetings
- Propose and justify the design changes and support relevant trade-offs
- Execute additional training of newly hired mechanical engineers
What knowledge and skills should you have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Previous experience with ESA projects (min. 3 years), knowledge of project stages
- 3+ years’ experience in mechanical design (CFRP structures would be an advantage)
- In-depth knowledge of 3D CAD software
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and cutting tool technology
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve effectively
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Interest in European space activities
- Teamwork skills
- Team leader experienced
- Previous experience as a chief engineer/team leader
- Previous experience with design of: CFRP laminates, sandwich panels, inserts, fasteners, bonded joints, etc.