Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions from military defence in all domains to civil security. Saab’s market offering is broad and consists of complex systems involving extensive research and development as well as services with a high degree of repetition. With operations on every continent, Saab continuously develops, adapts and improves new technology to meet customers’ changing needs.
At Saab in West Lafayette, Indiana, you have the opportunity to join a team that will manufacture the rear section of the T-7A Red Hawk military trainer aircraft for the United States Air Force. When at full capacity by 2027, Saab will employ over 300 employees in the West Lafayette facility in management, administration, and manufacturing. The new flagship facility will utilize advanced manufacturing techniques and leverage research and development to support Saab’s broad product portfolio. In the U.S., Saab also offers job opportunities in Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington D.C. and our headquarters in Syracuse, New York. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
As Saab is building a new operation in West Lafayette, IN, we are seeking a Quality Engineer to develop a world-class Quality function. The ideal candidate has strong leadership skills, experience in aerospace, and is able to work as a team to problem solve.
Responsibilities will include:
- Implement and execute the Quality Management System principles and processes for this new site.
- Support process development by integrating quality policy into procedures and continual process improvement.
- Monitor the assembly cycle and perform regular tests/inspections to identify potential non-conformances as early as possible.
- Monitor and analyze risk while preparing risk mitigation plans with root cause analysis and systemic problem solving.
- Participate as a member of the Material Review Board team and lead proposed corrective actions.
- Perform internal audits to ensure process maturity and capability while ensuring compliance for our customer, production, and supply chain functions.
- Coordinate with external quality assurance auditors and technicians to ensure compliance.
- Train future team members in quality principles and systems.
- Deliver a people first culture in alignment to Saab leadership vision.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Quality, or similar field required.
- 5+ years of experience with expertise of the aerospace industry a plus.
- MBA, M.Sc. or an equivalent documented education or certifications a plus.
- Hands-on experience with Quality Management Systems, testing and inspection methodologies.
- Excellent communication and team building experience working in an international environment.
- Ability to be self-driven and deliver a high quality of work.
- Ability to drive and lead change. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.