Space Operators – Australia
The Democratization of Space
Saber Astronautics is a space engineering company specialising in satellite mission operations. Our global reputation is one of precision, innovation and commitment to the growth of the space industry. Saber launched and operates the next generation Mission Control Centre “Responsive Space Operations Centre” (RSOC) program with sites in Australia and the USA.
Saber believes our future is among the stars. Our goal is to democratise space access, making it accessible to everyone. We do this through our commitment to cutting edge technology. We stay at the forefront of our field in a continuous process of invention and discovery.
Diversity drives innovation. Saber is fully committed to a workplace that is respectful, inclusive, and diverse. We are at our best when we reflect the customers and communities we work with. We strongly encourage indigenous people, mature age people, people with disabilities, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTQIA+ communities to apply. We also encourage authenticity and our open, dynamic culture at Saber means that an undergraduate can speak up alongside a 20-year industry veteran. Join us as we build towards a galactic future!
- Saber Astronautics is expanding rapidly, alongside a booming space industry. You’ll be working with some of the best and brightest in the space industry. No ideas are too big, no job is too small. See your ideas come to life!
- Saber Astronautics is looking to hire Space Operators to work alongside our team at the Responsive Space Operations Centre (RSOC) in Adelaide, Australia. Successful applicants support existing and future RSOC missions including, satellite control and command, safety of flight, and space traffic management.
- The RSOC is located on Lot Fourteen, right in the heart of Adelaide.
- We encourage a healthy work-life balance, facilitated by our flexible working arrangements and supportive working relationships. We also take having fun very seriously.
- Saber Astronautics is seeking qualified Space Operators to join their team for full-time positions in Adelaide, Australia. Please note, these roles do involve shift work.
- The Space Operator is responsible for the daily running of spacecraft operations for a number of different missions. Customer missions range from Low Earth Orbit to GEO across a number of different mission profiles.
- As a Space Operator you will be a part of a core operations team running out of the RSOC.
Typical day-to-day duties include:
- Executing spacecraft mission procedures.
- Reviewing spacecraft telemetry and monitoring of the spacecraft health.
- Conducting safety of flight (processing Conjunction Data Messages CDM’s) from 18th SPCS and taking required corrective actions.
- Understanding operational constraints and subsystem requirements of customer spacecraft.
- Contribute to new technologies, operational procedures, and software to advance the state of the art of spacecraft mission operations and autonomy.
- Monitoring the space environment and performing flight safety and pattern of life analysis of high interest space objects
- Space Operators shall have an understanding of orbital mechanics and technical competency in one or more related areas of: spacecraft systems; avionics; embedded systems; robotics, translational/rotational mechanics; guidance, navigation and control; space environment physics; radio frequency; or another discipline relevant to satellite operations.
- Australian Citizenship
- Must be located in or willing to relocate to Adelaide, South Australia
- Punctuality and willingness to perform shift work
- Honesty, integrity, and objectivity, and the ability to instil these qualities in a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, react, solve problems, obtain results, make effective decisions in a high pressure environment of live operations
- Ability to adapt to changing expectations
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Has the ability to remain composed and professional under demanding circumstances
- Intrinsically motivated, self-starter with a willingness to learn and grow
- Conducts self in an appropriate manner and values consistent with Saber Astronautics
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interface with multiple departments, clients, and vendors
- Willingness for occasional domestic and international travel
- A Bachelors or higher degree in aerospace, mechanical, mechatronics, electrical, software, RF engineering; astrodynamics; or equivalent qualification.
- Previous experience with satellite operations, or in the space or launch industry
- Working experience in spacecraft conceptual design or concurrent design
- Experience writing or managing Standard Operating Procedures
- Experience with shift work
How to Apply
Please ensure that your application includes the following documentation:
- Cover letter
- Evidence of AUS Citizenship
- CV or Resumé
- 2 professional references
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace