Saber Astronautics is a space engineering company specialising in satellite mission operations.
Saber Astronautics is a space engineering company specialising in satellite mission operations. Our global reputation is one of precision, innovation and commitment to the growth of the space industry. Saber launched and operates the next generation Mission Control Center “Responsive Space Operations Center” (RSOC) program with sites in Australia and the USA.
Saber believes our future is among the stars. Our goal is to democratize space access, making it accessible to everyone. We do this through our commitment to cutting edge technology. We stay at the forefront of our field in a continuous process of invention and discovery.
Diversity drives innovation. Saber is fully committed to a workplace that is respectful, inclusive, and diverse. We are at our best when we reflect the customers and communities we work with. We strongly encourage indigenous people, mature age people, people with disabilities, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTQIA+ communities to apply. We also encourage authenticity and our open, dynamic culture at Saber means that an undergraduate can speak up alongside a 20-year industry veteran. Join us as we build towards a galactic future!
Saber Astronautics is expanding rapidly, alongside a booming space industry. You’ll be working with some of the best and brightest in the space industry. No ideas are too big, no job is too small. See your ideas come to life!
You’ll work in leafy Chippendale in Sydney, New South Wales. Public transport is within a 5 minute walk, with quick access to restaurants and cafes in Chippendale, Central Park and Spice Alley, and a bakery/cafe making famous sourdough and coffee just seconds away from our front door. We encourage a healthy work-life balance, facilitated by our flexible working arrangements and supportive working relationships. We also take having fun very seriously.
We encourage anyone who is interested and passionate to apply to see how they can join the space industry and make an impact.
Saber Astronautics is seeking a qualified and experienced Technical Project Manager to join their team for a full-time position in Sydney, Australia.
The Technical Project Manager will assist the client in ensuring the smooth delivery of a diverse range of projects for the Australian Defence Force and the Australian Space Agency, while liaising with the various internal and external stakeholders.
This is a key role within the organisation that liaises with staff across all levels and functions. An incisive understanding of software development and managing co-dependencies, as well as solid planning and foresight to help effectively manage competing priorities underpins the success of this role. An understanding of hardware development processes will also be highly beneficial.
- Ensuring key milestones and deliverables are met.
- Budget forecasting and reporting.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement on all aspects of the project.
- Ability to design complex technical solutions with high scalability and reliability.
- Developing and maintaining risk analysis and management.
- Delivering technical documentation and reporting to stakeholders.
- Personnel and task management to execute project objectives within time constraints.
- Facilitate the development of business cases.
- Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to prepare project documentation.
- Experience working in an Agile environment, using tools such as JIRA for task management, etc.
- Experience in scope, cost, and schedule management, planning and estimation, reporting, risk and issues management.
- Experience in contract administration, procurement and resource and supplier management.
- An understanding of Defence and Civil Government procurement and contracting.
- Advanced technical qualification, engineering or science degree is desirable.
- Advanced Diploma/ Diploma in Project Management or equivalent technical project related experience. Project Management Professional (PMP) qualification is highly regarded.
- Familiarity with Space Engineering principles, including Orbital Mechanics.
- Experience with space-related software development.
- Experience within the space industry.
- Experience with Defence projects and policies.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery software methodologies.
- Familiarity with integrating Agile software development processes with Defence/Waterfall style project deliverables.
How to Apply
- Cover letter
- Evidence of AUS Citizenship
- CV or Resumé
- Portfolio of prior work (projects of note)
- 2-3 professional references