3D Web Developer (Front End)
The Democratization of Space
Saber Astronautics is a space engineering company specialising in satellite mission operations. Our global reputation is one of precision, innovation and commitment to the growth of the space industry. Saber launched the next generation Mission Control Center “Responsive Space Operations Center” (RSOC) program with sites in Australia and the USA.
Saber believes our future is among the stars so our goal is to democratise space and make it accessible to everyone. To facilitate our goals, the open dynamic culture at Saber means that an undergraduate can speak up alongside a 20 year industry veteran.
Saber is committed to the most cutting edge technology, and staying at the forefront of our field with a continuous process of invention and discovery.
Why Work at Saber
Saber is a diverse and inclusive workplace full of passionate, creative and dedicated people. Here are some things our which our employees enjoy at Saber:
- Flexible working hours
- Challenging and meaningful innovative work
- Flat hierarchy
- Opportunity to explore and learn
- Friendly and respectful environment
- Inspirational culture
- Very good life-work balance
- Team building activities
- Opportunities for personal growth and career development
Our core values are:
- Be yourself, enjoy your job and treat others with respect
- Work to standard, not to time
- Embrace academic rigour
- Embrace artistic excellence
- Embrace experimentation
- Integrity above self
Our people are our power and we make sure they are enjoying a great working environment.
Saber Astronautics is expanding rapidly, alongside a booming space industry. Take the opportunity to make your impact today! We’re looking to hire a 3D Web Developer for our front end team. You’ll be working with some of the best and brightest in the space industry, no ideas are too big, no jobs too small. See your ideas come to life!
You’ll work in leafy Chippendale, public transport within a 5 minute walk, quick access to restaurants and cafes in Chippendale, Central Park and Spice Alley, with a bakery/cafe making famous sourdough and coffee just seconds away from our front door. We encourage a healthy work-life balance, facilitated by our flexible working arrangements and supportive working relationships.
We encourage anyone who is interested and passionate to apply to see how they can join the space industry and make an impact.
A 3D Web Developer at Saber Astronautics works within a continuous integration and testing framework to improve front end visualisation and provide real world support to space missions, if you want an example of the types of tools you will be developing, check out TAROT (https://tarot.saberastro.com).
This role will allow the successful applicant to grow their career at Saber Astronautics. You can specialise in front end, diversify into full stack development and/or learn about the space sector and space technologies. You will be responsible for building new 3D interactive websites and space monitoring applications at Saber. Working with modern frameworks and new libraries, you won’t be limited to out-dated software and will be able to explore new options to solve new problems.
Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure, you will be a key member of the team in delivering the web based space solutions and information to the space industry.
A mixture of static and dynamic content will be required to be utilised depending on the individual project being worked upon. Saber Astronautics develops services that need to be represented in three dimensions, so experience with 3D programming libraries is essential for this role.
You will be required to implement UI/UX workflows and improve the experience of using Saber’s client facing software.
This role requires front end web development experience. Desired additional skills include familiarity with web frameworks and REST APIs that you will be interacting with.
Due to the secure nature of the work you may be required to perform, you must be an Australian citizen. Non-negotiable. PR and work visas are not able to be hired for this position
WebGL, Three.js or another 3D js framework (alternatively experience in both JS and 3D engine languages)
Experience with React, Angular or Vue.js for responsive front end pages (React preferred but not required)
HTML, CSS, JS, Typescript
- Experience developing on and for Linux
- Experience working with web applications at scale
- Experience working with Gatsby and Jamstack
- Familiar with CI/CD and/or DevOps work environment
- Automated Unit Testing
- Micro-service development experience
- Experience developing with Python and/or Flask and REST API architectures
- Certification or degree in computer science/software engineering and/or:
- 1-3 years work experience required if not degree qualified.
- 0-5 years professional experience.
- Available for immediate start.
- Good relationship and team player skills
- Have a keen interest in space.
- Must be detail-oriented self-starter and the ability to remain professional.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interface with multiple departments and clients.
- Conducts self in an appropriate manner and values consistent with Saber Astronautics