The Democratization of Space
Saber Astronautics is a space engineering company specialising in satellite mission operations. Our global reputation is one of precision, innovation and commitment to the growth of the space industry. Saber launched and operates the next generation Mission Control Center “Responsive Space Operations Center” (RSOC) program with sites in Australia and the USA.
Saber believes our future is among the stars. Our goal is to democratize space access, making it accessible to everyone. We do this through our commitment to cutting edge technology. We stay at the forefront of our field in a continuous process of invention and discovery.
Diversity drives innovation. Saber is fully committed to a workplace that is respectful, inclusive, and diverse. We are at our best when we reflect the customers and communities we work with. We strongly encourage indigenous people, mature age people, people with disabilities, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTQIA+ communities to apply. We also encourage authenticity and our open, dynamic culture at Saber means that an undergraduate can speak up alongside a 20-year industry veteran. Join us as we build towards a galactic future!
- Saber Astronautics is expanding rapidly, alongside a booming space industry. You’ll be working with some of the best and brightest in the space industry. No ideas are too big, no job is too small. See your ideas come to life!
- You’ll work in leafy Chippendale in Sydney. Public transport is within a 5 minute walk, with quick access to restaurants and cafes in Chippendale, Central Park and Spice Alley, and a bakery/cafe making famous sourdough and coffee just seconds away from our front door. We encourage a healthy work-life balance, facilitated by our flexible working arrangements and supportive working relationships. We also take having fun very seriously.
- We encourage anyone who is interested and passionate to apply to see how they can join the space industry and make an impact.
- Saber Astronautics is seeking a qualified Simulation Development Engineer to join their team for a full-time position in Sydney, Australia.
- The Simulation Development Engineer is responsible for ensuring continuous innovation and development of next generation space mission control software from inception to deployment and production support. You will work as an integral part of a creative and motivated team to ensure high quality benchmarks are met for delivery of the product.
- You are an excellent planner, problem-solver, and analyst who is experienced with Agile methodology and working within environments driven by continuous improvement. You are a stickler for detail and understand the value of adhering to quality-driven processes and the importance of developing unit test scripts to a superior standard. And you also love the idea of actively contributing to building the future of space!
- Demonstrate very strong knowledge and understanding of C# (or similar language), design patterns, common algorithms and data structures.
- Demonstrate very strong experience writing clean and maintainable code, utilising principles of Test-
- Driven Development
- Demonstrate strong familiarity working in an Agile environment, using tools such as JIRA.
- Demonstrate extensive version control experience utilising industry standard software such as Git.
- Strong familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery methodologies.
- Very strong experience interfacing with API libraries.
- Very strong experience working within large existing codebases, following and maintaining a coding standard, and proper code documentation.
- Well-versed at debugging and problem solving.
- Strong mathematical skills and solid experience with complex algorithms.
- A strategic and lateral thinker with strong analytical, conceptual thinking, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills to effectively share ideas, concepts and designs.
- Bachelor Degree or Certification in Computer Science/Software Engineering and/or 5+ years professional experience required if not degree qualified.
- 5+ years experience with software development in C# (or similar language, such as other C family languages).
- Familiarity with Space Engineering principles, including Orbital Mechanics.
- Experience with space-related software development.
- Experience with unit test frameworks within Unity.
- Strong JSON skills.
- Strong understanding of system design and user experience.
- Performance optimisation.
- Experience developing in Unity for Mac and Linux.
How to Apply
- Cover letter
- Evidence of Australian Citizenship
- CV or Resumé
- Portfolio of prior work (code samples and/or projects of note)
- 2-3 professional references
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace