The successful applicant will be responsible for working on open source and proprietary services managed by Saber Astronautics. These involve developing, updating and maintaining websites, APIs, related microservices and open source repositories, using the latest technologies supporting the growing Australian Space Industry.
A mixture of static and dynamic content will be required to be utilized depending on the individual project being worked upon. Saber Astronautics develops services that need to be represented in three dimensions, so experience with 3D programming libraries will be an advantage.
You will be required to implement UI/UX workflows and improve the experience of using Saber’s front facing websites.
A Front End Developer at Saber Astronautics works within a continuous integration and testing framework to improve front end infrastructure reliability. This role will allow the successful applicant to grow into a full stack developer position at Saber Astronautics. You will be responsible for building and configuring software for release and test automation. Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure, you will be a key member of the team in seeking out how to automate, scale and drive efficiency across product suites and platforms.
This role requires Python skills, and front end web development experience. Desired additional skills include familiarity with web frameworks such as Flask for API development, along with an understanding of (AWS) microservices server architecture.
Due to the secure nature of the work you may be required to perform, you must be Australian citizen. Non-negotiable. PR and work visas are not able to be hired for this position
- Experience with React, Angular or Vue.js for responsive front end pages (React preferred)
- Python coding experience essential
- HTML, CSS, JS, Typescript
- Experience working with Linux
- Experience working with web applications at scale
- WebGL, Three.js or another 3D js framework
- Experience working with Gatsby and Jamstack
- Familiar with CI/CD and/or DevOps work environment
- Automated Unit Testing
- Micro-service development experience
- Experience developing with Python and/or Flask and REST API architectures
- Certification or degree in computer science/software engineering and/or:
- 1-3 years work experience required if not degree qualified.
- 0-5 years experience.
- Available for immediate start.
- AWS Developer certified preferred – Additional AWS certifications highly regarded
- Good relationship and team player skills
- Must be detail-oriented self-starter and the ability to remain professional.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interface with multiple departments and clients.
- Conducts self in an appropriate manner and values consistent with Saber Astronautics
How to Apply
All applications need the following information supplied:
- Cover letter
- Evidence of Australian Citizenship
- CV or Resume
- Portfolio of prior work:
- Examples of previous websites you’ve worked on or made
- Other projects you have worked on that you believe will strengthen your application