The Democratization of Space
Saber Astronautics is a space engineering company specializing in satellite mission operations. Our global reputation is one of precision, innovation and commitment to the growth of the space industry. Along with developing innovative software, Saber launched and operates the next generation Mission Control Center “Responsive Space Operations Center” (RSOC) program with sites in Australia and the USA.
Saber believes our future is among the stars. Our goal is to democratize space, making it accessible to everyone. We do this through our commitment to cutting edge technology. We stay at the forefront of our field in a continuous process of invention and discovery. To facilitate our goals, the open dynamic culture at Saber means that an undergraduate can speak up alongside a 20 year industry veteran.
Diversity drives innovation. Saber is fully committed to a workplace that is respectful, inclusive, and diverse. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are at our best when we reflect the customers and communities we work with.
Saber Astronautics is expanding rapidly, alongside a booming space industry. We are seeking a DevSecOps Engineer. You will be working with some of the best and brightest in the space industry. No ideas are too big, no job is too small. See your ideas come to life; take the opportunity to make your impact today!
You will work in the Space CAMP-Colorado Springs, Colorado labs and sometimes at the Responsive Space Operations Center in Boulder, Colorado USA. Public transportation and downtown are within a 10 minute walk, with quick access to restaurants and cafes from both labs. We encourage a healthy work-life balance, facilitated by our flexible working arrangements and supportive working relationships.
We encourage anyone who is interested and passionate to apply to see how they can join the space industry and make an impact.
The DevSecOps Engineer will design and develop customer digital engineering environments in support of communication systems and architectures critical to national defense. They will be responsible for cradle-to-grave implementation of customer cloud environments: working with customers to understand and document requirements (objectives, requirements, desires, constraints, etc.), designing the environment in question, provisioning, and deployment, and assisting in the maintenance of the environment.
In addition to technical expertise, we are seeking someone who can also lead a team of peers, to run the weekly standup, manage workflows and ensure our customer’s requirements are being delivered on time and on budget.
General Required Qualifications:
- In-depth understanding of all Saber Astronautics’ flagship products/software
- Ability to adapt to changing expectations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work with aggressive timelines
- Ability to work in a team environment, in a paired programming environment, and/or independently
- Intrinsically motivated, self-starter with a willingness to learn and grow
- Beneficial to have some background in space industry, but not required
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Minimum three years supporting the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) cloud design & deployment projects. Familiarity with DoD programs IronBank, Platform One etc.
- B.S. from an accredited college or university in a related discipline
- Experience with design and deployment of servers, applications, and containers in AWS in DoD IL-2/IL-5 environments
- Cloud Containerization and Orchestration, Infrastructure As Code (IAC) – Kubernetes, Docker, ArgoCD, Redhat, OpenShift
- Understanding of DevOps processes, CI/CD pipelines, Jenkins, Bitbucket
- Running the daily standup and weekly Iteration Planning Meetings (IPM’s) and Retrospectives
- Experience with cloud security design, implementation, and monitoring, ISTIO Mesh Implementation
- Mastery of operating systems fundamentals (Windows, RHEL, CentOS).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
Compensation & Benefits:
As a full-time employee, you will receive the following benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $100K-$140K depending on experience.
- Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Healthcare and dental
- US Citizenship – To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
- Live within the Continental United States.