The Democratization of Space
Saber Astronautics is a space engineering company specialising in satellite mission operations. We’ve been around a while now, our global reputation is one of precision, innovation and commitment to the growth of the space industry. Saber launched the next generation Mission Control Center “Responsive Space Operations Center” (RSOC) program with sites in Australia and the USA.
Saber believes our future is among the stars so our goal is to democratise space and make it accessible to everyone. To facilitate our goals, the open dynamic culture at Saber means that an undergraduate can speak up alongside a 20 year industry veteran.
Saber is committed to the most cutting edge technology, and staying at the forefront of our field with a continuous process of invention and discovery.
Saber Astronautics is expanding rapidly, alongside a booming space industry. Take the opportunity to make your impact today! We’re seeking a Senior Space Sales Engineer. You’ll be working with some of the best and brightest in the space industry, no ideas are too big, no jobs too small. See your ideas come to life!
You’ll work in Space CAMP (Colorado Springs, Colorado) or the Responsive Space Operations Center (Boulder, Colorado) USA labs. Public transportation and downtown is within a 10 minute walk, quick access to restaurants and cafes from both labs. We encourage a healthy work-life balance, facilitated by our flexible working arrangements and supportive working relationships.
We encourage anyone who is interested with a passionate purpose for space to apply to see how they can join the space industry and make an impact.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing pre-sales technical and functional support to prospective customers while ensuring customer happiness with minimal supervision. Provide direction and specialist knowledge in applying Saber technology/application to client business, translate product/technical features into value drivers.
Expectations for success include:
- Design, validate, and present Saber’s software products to include advanced product concepts and future direction
- Effectively consult with management of customer organizations, developing relationships
- Participate in sales planning and business development activities, reporting on successes and area of needed improvement
- Develop and demonstrate moderately complex solutions and prototype solutions for customers
- Write business proposals, prepare sales contracts for various projects, often in collaboration with numerous stakeholders, ensuring adherence to laws and regulations
- Participate in industry functions, seminars, and round tables to maintain business knowledge of the latest in industry trends to identify new markets and customer needs to increase the client base
- Interact with development to enhance/refine Saber products in areas of expertise
- Provide exemplary pre-sales technical expertise through technical and product presentations, demonstrations, pilot implementations, and ongoing sales consultation
- Drive the adoption of Saber’s products’ rapidly growing usage across departments within the enterprise
- Develop and maintain training materials, and deliver training to improve product knowledge and demo abilities of both inside and enterprise salespeople
- Build working knowledge of contending products and how to technically sell against them. Present and articulate Saber products’ strengths, relative to competitors
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Marketing, and Engineering during the development, launch, and continuing refinement of existing and new Saber products
- Respond to initial product requests and frame product issues for discussion and resolution with Product and Engineering teams
- Extraordinary professional, sales, and technical capabilities; comfortable supporting both enterprise (field) and inside sales teams
- Ability to explain and resolve common technical aspects of software including security, communication specifications, etc
- Ability to see and present ‘the big picture’, architect solutions to solve customer problems, and uncover business challenges and develop custom solutions
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Possess “best of breed” functional sales experience that could be applied across an entire sales area in general or specific functional categories
- Strong leadership and ability to lead, encouraging both individual and team accomplishments
- Become a knowledgeable expert in Saber’s software platform with an in-depth understanding of all
- Saber Astronautics’ flagship products
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Ability to travel
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Have a general knowledge of computers
- Ability to adapt to changing expectations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, and closing techniques
- Ability to work with aggressive timelines
- Ability to work in a team environment, in a paired programming environment, and/or independently
- Intrinsically motivated, self-starter with a willingness to learn and grow, being comfortable with ambiguity in entrepreneurial environments
- Beneficial to have a background in space industry, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree (e.g. Marketing, Business, Leadership, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, or other quantitative field. Strong academic performance)
- Minimum 3 years of prior Sales/Systems Engineering experience with software, selling to C/P/VP level buyers
- Working experience with and knowledge of MS Office suite
- Must live within the continental United States, Colorado preferred
- Must be a U.S. citizen – To conform to the U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.