International high-tech group, operating in the aviation markets
As a fully owned subsidiary of Safran Electronics & Defense, Safran Electronics & Defense Australasia Pty Ltd (SEDA) delivers and supports various products including high performance optronics and inertial navigation equipment.
Headquartered in Sydney, SEDA brings local expertise in the integration of optronics and navigation systems for the air, land and naval platforms of the Australian and New Zealand Defence Forces.
Reporting to the Programs Manager, you will be responsible for :
• Managing assigned projects to meet cost or financial targets, schedule and quality requirements of the contract
• Building and maintaining effective customer and supplier relationships
• Leading and managing cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams to successfully deliver project outcomes
• Managing subcontractors to ensure project completion is on schedule and on budget.
• Managing project risks and opportunities
• Managing project financials and commercial engagement with customer and suppliers with support from the Contracts Manager
• Ensuring sufficient resources are allocated to meet project requirements
• Ensuring milestones are achieved on time in accordance with the Contract
• Reporting on progress throughout the life of the project
• Working with Sales and Marketing to develop future business
We are looking for a candidate who is confident and has the following attributes :
• Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Department of Defence security clearance to Negative Vetting Level 1
• Customer focused
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Proactive, Autonomous, Rigorous, Organised
• Interest in advanced technologies
• Strong work ethic
To be successful in this role , you must have:
• 5 years’ plus experience in Project Management in Defence or similar highly regulated environment;
• Knowledge of Defence Acquisition and Sustainment contracts – highly desirable
• Tertiary qualification in Project Management or Engineering
• Specialised knowledge and/or practical application of Optronics, Navigation and/or Radar systems – desirable
• Experience with defence Earned Value Management Systems – desirable
• Demonstrated experience managing projects with overseas suppliers;
• Demonstrated knowledge of the application of the Work Health & Safety Act, Environmental Protection Act and the relevance to product supply in Australia
• Advanced use of MS Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Project)
How To Apply
Candidates must be an Australian citizen due to security clearance requirements to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number SEDA02