Powered by trust.
- Within the Design Offices of Safran Aircraft Engines, you will join the Low Pressure Compressors engineering division, within the team in charge of Turbofan R&T and R&D.
- Reporting to the head of the Turbofan blade aero and mechanical design office unit, you will be required to work on the Fan blade perimeter, secondary stream rectifiers and booster integration both on series engines and on research projects and technological maturation programs
- You will be responsible for conducting aerodynamic studies for the development of technologies aimed at improving the performance or operability of the compressor in order to prepare their introduction on our engines (improvement of existing engines or application on future developments).
- Beyond this dominant, you will also participate in in-service and production support activities to be in contact with the engines in service and the issues related to their use.
Your mission will therefore relate to the following range of activities
- Research and development of aerodynamic modeling and business tools in order to simulate these technological elements
- Aerodynamic sizing on test parts or engines
- Development machine and/or test assembly to confirm the expected gains (including test matrices and the definition of aerodynamic instrumentation)
- Manufacturing monitoring in interface with our Centers of Industrial Excellence
- Post processing and
- Calculation/test reconstructions aimed at consolidating the aerodynamic impacts in the engine environment.
- These activities will be carried out in coordination with the blading mechanical teams, the technical experts, the project managers, the CoBP mechanical integration, the test means teams, the methods office, as well as the various CEIs (Industrial Center of Excellence )
- You are a graduate engineer and/or Doctor, specialized in fluid mechanics, with ideally 1 to 2 years of experience in aerodynamics applied to turbomachines.
The following skills are sought:
- Knowledge of aerodynamic modeling (CFD) as well as programming languages
- Good capacity for analysis and synthesis, adaptability to a wide range of activities and projects, autonomy and operational agility.
- Rigorous and curious in his work
- Autonomy, dynamism and reactivity
- In relation to many sectors, having good communication skills is essential.
Specificity of the job
- Test follow-up sometimes in staggered hours (2×8), on-call
- Travel to be planned abroad, particularly in the context of technical discussions and test campaign follow-up.