Powered by trust.
As part of the Performances and Operability department, you will be in charge of stabilized and transient performance studies for a civil engine in service and will technically manage a team. As such, you will participate in:
- Developing the thermodynamic model of the engine and studies to improve it based on available input data: predictions from module design offices, test results, etc.;
- Exchanges with partners in the development of thermodynamic cycles
- Making thermodynamic cycle predictions for internal and external customers
- Preparation of engine tests: definition of instrumentation, validation of the test plan, drafting of detailed test requests, implementation of test monitoring and analysis tools
- Monitoring of tests on engine
- Analysis of engine performance tests
Within the Safran Aircraft Engines Propulsion Systems Design Offices Department, the Performance and Operability Department is in charge of the thermodynamic integration of the engine.
The department is responsible for the following key steps that accompany the development of a turbomachine:
- The specification of components and systems,
- The construction of an integrated model of the engine,
- The validation of performance and operation excluding adaptation.
- BAC+5 graduate – engineer justifying training in thermodynamics, aerothermal or aerodynamics and justifying a first experience in a design office in the field of engine performance.
- Organized, rigorous and autonomous, the candidate will demonstrate an analytical and synthetic spirit. He will be able to implement physical and practical sense, as well as his creativity.
- The position being in interface with many sectors, the candidate must have good interpersonal skills and be comfortable during oral presentations. Due to the possible assignment of the candidate to programs in partnership with foreign companies, oral and written fluency in English is required.
- Programming skills will be appreciated (C++, Python).
Specificity of the job
- Travel abroad or in France is possible.
- On-call duty and interventions in the evenings and weekends are possible.