Powered by trust.
Safran is an international high-tech group, a leading equipment supplier in the fields of Aeronautics, Space, Defense and Security. Technological innovation is at the heart of the culture of the Safran Group and SafranTech, its corporate R&T center conducts the scientific research required to provide the differentiating technologies of tomorrow.
Safran has long been involved in research in Artificial Vision, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence and has a network of world-class academic partners. We want to strengthen our teams and are looking for experts and research engineers in the field of AI able to contribute to ambitious demonstrators within multidisciplinary teams.
Within Safran Tech, you will join the Digital Sciences & Technologies platform. We work on topics of perception and sensors, modeling and decision support by applying advanced concepts of physics, mathematics, artificial intelligence and high-performance computing (HPC) to a wide range of topics (physical modeling, statistical modeling, decision support on product design and maintenance, industrialization, autonomous vehicle, non-destructive testing, conception and design, health monitoring). Within dedicated departments and laboratories, we capture data, develop algorithms and operate representative-scale prototypes so that we can iterate efficiently and quickly when developing new sensors,
Let’s talk about you.
Within a multidisciplinary team, your mission will be to work on the methods and tools ensuring the confidence necessary for the use of AI in critical systems. In particular, it will be a question of contributing, within the DEEL program carried out by the 3IA ANITI in Toulouse, to the research, development and validation of new algorithms and methods of analysis making it possible to characterize AI technologies, in terms of risk control, performance, explainability, robustness, anti-deception,…
More specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to maintaining the analysis of the state of the scientific art on the themes concerned.
- Conduct the agreed research work, in collaboration with academic partners, and report on the results obtained.
- Contribute to the definition and management of the means necessary for the development and validation of algorithms: databases, simulation means, experimental means.
- Participate in the transfer of the results obtained within the teams of the Safran Group
With a Bac+5 or Bac+8 training in applied mathematics, IA or Machine Learning, you have at least 3 years’ experience in one of these fields.
During your career, you have acquired:
- Mastery and practice of the different neural network architectures.
- Proficiency in Python, with knowledge of deep learning libraries (Pytorch, Tensorflow, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to stay at the best level of the state of the art in your area of expertise.
- Motivation and intellectual curiosity, a taste for challenges and a desire to do what has never been done before.
- Team spirit and ability to communicate effectively and to identify and exploit synergies between group members.