Safran Data Systems designs, manufactures, distributes and operates high-tech products.
You will be part of the Space & Communication entity, within the Radio Frequency (RF) & Sources team attached to the technical department.
In the course of our activities, we detect difficulties on the RF components of our antennas. We would like to deepen these problems to find solutions through two major axes:
- RF performance;
- thermal dissipation of the components.
The idea of the internship is to propose solutions to improve the overall system to integrate them in the future.
You will benefit from practical training on antennas and antenna networks which will allow you to immerse yourself in the professional environment and its constraints.
This internship will allow you to explore 2 areas that are both complementary and very different: radiofrequencies and thermics. You will be able to build skills in different areas through the use of various tools:
- RF skills with the use of ADS – CST-HFSS
- skills from intensive use of Matlab / Simulink
You will gain autonomy thanks to work on a large 6-month project.
Your missions will be:
- Analyze each component of the RF chain to detect faults or possible improvements thereof
- Perform a noise analysis of the low noise amplifiers present in the RF module
- Perform thermal analysis of the RF module and make the finest modeling of its environment to optimize its use cases
- Make the state of the art of sensitive components to propose new solutions
You are the ideal candidate if:
- You are in 3rd year engineering school training or equivalent training mainly in electronics, radiocommunication and / or microwave or mainly thermal
- You know how to act independently and have the spirit of initiative
- You have excellent teamwork skills (you will need to surround yourself with several technical experts)
- You are rigorous.
- You are structured
- You are proactive
- You are looking for a rewarding experience in an international and innovative group
- You have a first experience in an electromagnetic simulation software such as ADS or HFSS / CST
You master the following areas:
- – MATLAB imperatively
All our opportunities are open to people with disabilities.
Safran is an international high-tech group operating in the fields of propulsion and aeronautical equipment, space and defense. Established on all continents, the Group employs more than 92,000 people for a turnover of 21 billion euros in 2018. Safran occupies, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its markets. To respond to market trends, the Group is committed to research and development programs which in 2018 represented expenses of around 1.5 billion euros.
Safran is ranked in the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters as well as in the “Happy at work” list of companies where life is good. The Group is in 4th position in the Universum ranking of preferred companies for young engineers in France.
Safran Data Systems SAS, an entity of the Safran group, employs more than 600 people in Europe and the United States to design and manufacture a wide range of products and solutions in the fields of on-board and ground telemetry, on-board processing of information, data acquisition and recording, satellite control and remote control.
Our Arcachon establishment offers our customers stations for ground telemetry and for satellite communications through parabolic antenna systems. The latter have a diameter varying from 1m to 11m, in the frequency bands from 1 to 30 GHz.