Engine architect F/M
We are looking for an F/H Engine Architect to join our teams at Safran Power Units in Toulouse.
Reporting to the department head, the position aims to deploy system architecture practices on APU, turboprop and fuel cell products at SPU.
You will be in charge of
– Capturing program and customer needs
– Evaluating candidate architectures and trade off studies
– Writing the technical product specification
– Implementing the declination and traceability of requirements to the various subsystems
– Establishing the validation and verification and adaptation of the V&V plan throughout the execution of the project.
The position also aims to contribute to the definition of the product roadmap and R&T roadmap in response to SPU’s strategic commercial roadmap and industrial and support needs.
The position interfaces with the Safran group’s network of experts.
Engineer with solid experience in the field of turbomachine development, an appetite for aspects relating to new production and in-service support.
Experience in the performance field is a plus.
System architecture skills and a spirit of analysis and synthesis are important requirements for the position.
The ability to communicate (oral and written), the ability to facilitate cross-functional activities with the involvement of all sectors of the company are also important requirements.
The capacity for discussion, even technical negotiation with the client, under the authority of the program, the project manager and the commercial function must be taken into account.
Specificity of the job
Travel to customers is expected