As part of strengthening the CEM business, SAFRAN E&D is looking for an Engineer in the field of Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), with very strong experience in the field of electromagnetic compatibility to meet the defined missions.
- Analyze and apply customer requirements to equipment and sub-assemblies developed within the framework of SAFRAN E&D activities.
- Propose R&T CEM studies
- Carry out design, simulation, validation, development and qualification studies on the perimeter that has been assigned to you in compliance with the “Quality – Robustness – Costs – Deadlines” criteria defined by your Line Manager
- Justify and argue the technical choices proposed
- Perform EMC measurements and participate in electromagnetic tests of products
The engineering activities in your field will lead you to intervene in all or part of the following stages, from design to final product qualification within your scope of responsibility:
- Analyze the material requirements specifications
- Decline the specifications and propose an architecture of the material to be designed
- Establish the specifications of the material and sub-assemblies
- Specify the logic of design, integration and validation
- Manage and carry out design and sizing activities
- Assist projects within the framework of EMC subcontracting
- Establish Validation/Qualification plans and associated documents
- Carry out tests in an EMC environment
- Analyze the validation and qualification results
- Validate the Justification Files
- Establish summaries of complex studies
- Propose and carry out R&T studies in the field
- Filtering and protection electronics (components, routing)
- CST electromagnetic simulation
- Control of military and civil normative EMC measurements
- Knowledge of EMC standards and electrical tests
- Knowledge of the implementation of laboratory tests
- Team spirit with good relational contact with a good open-minded
- Writing skills
- Training Bac + 5 type Engineer and/or Doctor Engineer specializing in electromagnetic compatibility with strong skills/knowledge in EMC and electronic and electromagnetic simulation
- You have experience between 3 and 10 years in the field on equipment or systems in a context of on-board military aeronautics.
- You have a strong synthetic potential.
- Ability to integrate and work in a context of multidisciplinary Material and System teams on complex projects requiring coordination/coherence of actions and capacity for reporting & synthesis.
Specificity of the job
- Travel abroad is expected as well as to test sites, to French or foreign suppliers
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 84,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the “Happy at work” rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leading supplier of products and services that handle observation, decision and guidance functions for both civil and military applications. The company understands and applies a wide range of the state-of-the-art technologies that underpin embedded intelligence in many different areas, as a supplier to some of today’s most innovative aerospace and defense programs.