Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets.
- Ensure that products and services meet the requirements of customers, quality standards and airworthiness authorities
- Work in accordance with HSE legislation, the Company Operating Systems, policies and procedures
- Contribute to ensure Continuous Improvement skills are embedded within the organisation
- Demonstrate corporate values and behaviours
- Provide leadership, advice and support to all areas of responsibility by embedding QRQC to continuously improve quality performance by:
- Coaching and supporting Managers and Team Leaders to adopt a policy of ‘stop at first defect’ through the continued deployment of the QRQC process to capture and resolve nonconformities with robust solutions.
- Performing effective audits promoting timely close out of actions and efficiency checks
- Champion Human Factors/SMS as opportunities for improvement
- Point of contact for communication of quality issues within area of work and with Safran network through external weekly and monthly reports/calls.
- Conduct audits as per schedule.
- Assist with external audits as required.
- Follow up validations will also be required in order to confirm the efficiency of actions taken to assure the area of responsibility that systems, products and paperwork meet Airworthiness regulations, Customer requirements and the AS9110 standard
- Act as host for on-site external audits and accreditations as and when required
- Raise “One point lessons” to enhance awareness within the business about the needs of customers, airworthiness and quality requirements
- Stopping an activity wherever product quality / product safety is at risk
- Participation in continuous improvement projects/activities as appropriate
- Relevant qualifications/experience within aerospace disciplines.
- Experience of engine disassembly/inspection/assembly processes.
- Understanding of airworthiness standards and requirements.
- Excellent diagnostic/problem-solving skills & ability to perform systematic analysis of written and numeric data.
- Experience in aerospace processes and procedures.
- PC literate and ability to use software tools including Ennov.
- Interpretation of Technical Manuals and Instructions.
- Be able to communicate clearly at all levels within Safran Group.
- Able to become an active member of the quality team with safrqan Group.
- Attainment of any quality related qualifications.
- Attendance of auditing/ part 145/ human factors & SMS training courses.
Personal Attributes :
- Success – achieve results through consistently high standards.
- Innovation – be creative and find and demonstrate new and better ways to do things.
- Customer – be Safran HE UK’s conscience for the customer by persistently promoting and protecting the company’s long term Quality reputation.
- Teamwork – be another Quality champion by sharing knowledge, educating and explaining requirements.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the “Happy at work” rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Helicopter Engines is the world’s leading manufacturer of helicopter engines, with more than 75,000 produced since being founded. It offers the widest range of helicopter turboshafts in the world and has more than 2,500 customers in 155 countries.