We are a leading provider of products and services for satellite-based broadband communications.
Gilat develops and markets a wide range of high-performance satellite ground segment equipment and VSATs, with an increasing focus on the Cellular Backhaul, Enterprise, Consumer and Mobility market segments. In addition, Gilat enables mobile SOTM (Satcom-on-the-Move) solutions providing low-profile antennas, next generation solid-state power amplifiers and modems.
The Sales Engineer will possess the following skills and duties:
- Technical lead and point of contact for Gilat’s sales force
- Support customer engagements with technical and commercial support
- Assist with analyzing customer’s requirements and addressing technical challenges
- Create complex network designs (Link budget, network sizing and BOM)
- Manage and deliver product presentations and demonstrations to prospective clients
- Provide internal and external assistance during the Sales process
- Manage the RFP process and coordination in conjunction with Operations, Project Management and Finance.
- Coordinate and manage Proof of Concept demonstrations and field trials
- Support customers in optimizing use of VSAT technology.
- Work with customers ongoing to maximize the utilization of VSAT technology in their network.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a Sales Engineering or relevant position
- Have extensive experience in networks and transmission systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and presentation skills – Must
- The ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment – Must
- Excellent written and spoken English (technical and conversational) – Must
- Prior experience building proposals for prospective clients – Must
- RF experience a plus
- Experience in Cellular Networks Design, operational aspects – Advantage
- Experience in the satellite communications industry- Advantage
- Functional independence – able to lead a project, implement work plans, and operate without guidance
- Detail Oriented
- Technical learning abilities – able to learn new technical material in-depth and implement it rapidly and independently
- Personal relationships – proper interpersonal communication skills with diverse global entities both locally and internationally.
- Cooperative, with a positive attitude, and ability to work well in a team
- Multitasking – able to remain focused and function effectively when under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree required in Engineering – Must
- Experience in RF a plus
- Master’s Degree – Advantage