Loft Orbital’s mission is to make space simple for our customers. We operate satellites and we fly customer payloads onboard, as a service. We are redefining how businesses and governments access space and use it to perform their critical missions. Loft’s customers span the entire space industry, from start-ups to large companies and government agencies. Our standard interfacing and mission operations products enable us to fly any kind of payload, such as imagers, RF systems, scientific experiments, national security missions, in-orbit demonstrations, and weather and climate sensors.
We are hiring a Sales Engineer to work on front lines of Loft’s business development efforts.
In this role, you will be involved in the entire sales process as a key technical resource, from initial conversation with the customer to contract signature. This role is the perfect way to gain exposure to every conceivable payload type, mission application, and customer in the space industry!
What you will do in this role
- Regularly interact with potential customers in both business and technical conversations. You will be expected to deeply understand Loft Orbital’s technology and value proposition and be able to convey this to prospective customers
- Support the development of technical solutions tailored to address unique mission needs from Loft’s customer prospects
- Own the preparation of proposals, technical simulations and analyses, and technical marketing materials for Loft’s business development pursuits
- Interface between Loft’s business development team and subject-matter experts within Loft’s engineering team as necessary to build comprehensive technical solutions for Loft’s customers
- A typical candidate is an aerospace engineer with 2-5 years’ experience, ideally with cross-functional systems engineering experience. You have a desire to transition your career into a customer-facing, technical business development role
- Thrives on high expectations; you love working in a deliverable-oriented culture where you are often juggling multiple projects at the same time
- Possesses excellent communication and writing scales and can relate complex topics clearly and concisely; verbal and written communication is a critical element of this role
- You possess a strong technical background with appetite for directly interacting with customers and external stakeholders
- You are detail-oriented, methodical, and comfortable working with assumptions
- You are passionate about the space industry; you are the kind of person that reads SpaceNews when you wake up; spending a few days at a space conference is your idea of fun!
- Plus: speaks multiple languages
- Plus: has worked at a small company or start up in the past in the space industry