Making the World Smaller and Safer
MAG Aerospace is seeking a SATCOM O&M Technician for an OCONUS opportunity. The SATCOM O&M Technician will support the day-to-day maintenance and operation of assigned terminals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Operate satellite modems, redundancy switch, associated cables, and interconnects; Up Converters, Redundancy Switch; Down Converters, HPAs, Low Noise Amplifiers (LNAs), LNB; Waveguide (rigid, flex, and elliptical) joints and connections; IF cable and connections; Antenna, Antenna motors, Solid
- State Power Amplifiers (SSPA), Antenna Control Unit (ACU), and associated cabling and interconnects; Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Units; UPS; and Generator.
- Maintain and troubleshoot using any TMDE required over and above the Built-In-Test (BIT) capability of the supported equipment.
- Manage and maintain telecommunication installation supplies.
- Maintain daily on-hand inventories.
- Operate satellite radios and maintain those systems.
- Operate/maintain Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA), Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) modems (iDirect, Linkway, Datum, Comtech, etc.).
- Operate/maintain TDMA modem hubs, depending on terminal requirement.
- Operate the M&C software for the terminal they are supporting.
- Have knowledge of all components in the system they are supporting both RF and network.
- The position is contingent upon candidate’s ability to meet physical and medical requirements as needed by the position; thereby, in accordance with Federal Requirements, medical requirements include but are not limited to full COVID-19 vaccination status by 4 January 2022, except in limited circumstances where a candidate is legally entitled to an accommodation – proof of vaccination is required
- Shall have knowledge of tactical and commercial satellite communication equipment.
- Shall know how to operate Satellite Modems, Redundancy Switch, associated cables, and interconnects; Up Converters, Redundancy Switch; Down Converters, High Power Amplifiers (HPAs),
- Low Noise Amplifiers (LNAs), Low Noise Block (LNB); Waveguide (rigid, flex, and elliptical) joints and connections; Intermediate Frequency (IF) cable and connections; Antenna, Antenna motors,
- Solid State Power Amplifiers (SSPA), Antenna Control Unit (ACU), and associated cabling and interconnects; Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Units; Uninterpretable Power Supply (UPS); and Generator (if applicable).
- Shall have technical documentation skills related to SAR, GAR, TSR and ASI requests.
- Shall have knowledge how to use Test Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) equipment; power meter, spectrum analyzer, firebird, voltmeter, and other relevant tools.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- DoD SECRET Security Clearance
- 2-Years’ of relevant Experience in a military environment
- The minimum level of education required: High school diploma