Satellogic aims to capture every square meter of the Earth's surface to derive insights and enable better decision making for industries, governments, and individuals.
Satellogic aims to capture every square meter of the Earth’s surface to derive insights and enable better decision making for industries, governments, and individuals. Addressing some of humanity’s most pressing challenges, such as providing food or distributing energy for nine billion people without depleting resources, requires real-time planet-scale data. Satellogic has created small, inexpensive satellites that transmit real-time data and images back home. Our constellation already has several high-resolution satellites in orbit and is growing to 300 in the next few years to provide new insights about our planet.
Satellite Application Developer
As a member of Satellogic’s Software Apps team, you will be working on a wide range of technical issues, and contribute to the solution of very challenging
problems. You must love programming, have proven software development experience and see coding as a key means to validate your ideas.
In this role, you will:
- Design, develop and support firmware to control satellites’ components.
- Design, develop and support higher level applications that run in our satellites.
- Write reusable and testable code.
- Identify and suggest various ways to improve efficiency and functionality.
What we value:
- Development skill in Python and/or C (oriented to embedded systems). (knowing both languages is a big plus)
- Readiness to learn.
- Fluent using linux distros, particularly Debian. (deb packaging knowledge is a plus)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Commited to quality, whle being pragmatic.
- Good English and overall communication skills.
- Experience working with containers.
- Agile methodologies.
- Distributed version control (GIT).
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.