Loft Orbital - Affordable and reliable access to space infrastructure. Space missions today remain complex, costly, and prone to delay. Loft Orbital is changing that. We fly your payload or technology as a service, charging an annual fee in a pay-for-performance model. We manage all aspects of the mission needed to get your payload to orbit and support it once there. Space should be simple.
- Must be scrappy and inventive: what you will be building has never been done before.
- Be prepared to be challenged and sometimes work out of your comfort zone.
- Enjoy working collaboratively on a small team and building large chunks of a system.
- Willingness to be accountable, autonomous, and take full ownership of projects.
- Relevant technical education to at least Bachelor’s degree;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in satellite operations, or related field;
- Thorough understanding of spacecraft onboard architectures;
- Experience in process automation, from design to development;
- Highly confortable with typical Attitude and Orbit Control System (AOCS) concepts;
- Solid mathematical knowledge (linear algebra, geometry);
- Advanced programming abilities in Python and C++;
- Proficiency in code testing and analysis;
- Thorough understanding of APIs and database systems (relational and document-oriented);
- Container technology (Docker, Kubernetes);
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment.
- Experience using version control systems (Git).
- Familiar with continuously integrated (CI) flows.
- Attention to detail and procedural discipline.
- Experience with orbit and attitude determination/prediction techniques.
- Familiarity with spacecraft simulation.
- Skills related to mathematical optimization problem solving.
- Experience using cloud computing services (Google Cloud, AWS).