Satellogic - Bringing space down to earth. We are building the first scalable earth observation platform with the ability to remap the entire planet at both high-frequency and high-resolution.
About the company
Satellogic aims to capture every square meter of the Earth’s surface to derive insights and enable better decision making for industries, governments, and individuals. Addressing some of humanity’s most pressing challenges, such as providing food or distributing energy for nine billion people without depleting resources, requires real-time planet-scale data. Satellogic has created small inexpensive satellites that transmit real-time data and images back home. Our constellation already has several high-resolution satellites in orbit and is growing to 300 in the next few years to provide new insights about our planet.
We are looking for an Satellite Operator to join our Satellite Operations team. The successful candidate will work as a member of the Satellite operations team and will be responsible for performing real-time and off-line satellite operations in Buenos Aires offices, maintaining our constellation of earth observation running on space and maintaining our ground station network, maximizing its performance. The working day shall be:
– Tuesday to Thursday from 14hs to 22hs
– Friday from 22hs to 06hs
– Saturday from 22hs to 06hs
Time is expressed in Argentina time (-03.00 GMT)
In this role, you will:
- Monitor the satellite fleet health, ground infrastructure and external service providers indicators
- Attend procedures, monitor alarms, perform diagnose at subsystems levels, ground communications equipment and its associated devices
- Escalate and follow up issues
- Manage and diagnose problems on remote Linux servers, check systems errors, logs, filesystems on board
- Provide support to other work teams, give feedback
- Use of development, integration and test tools, operations and maintenance of control center systems for satellites in our constellation, including generation of email and phone alert notifications
What we value
- Engineering skills in several areas, like communications, power, thermal, attitude subsystems
- Be adaptive and flexible to understand different scenarios, and react according to procedures
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks effectively
- Knowledge of Linux systems and understanding of network protocols and infrastructures
- Must be able to communicate unequivocally with suppliers in English language
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively with teams
- Experience developing and maintaining operational procedures is a plus.