Design, prototyping and analysis of algorithms for the geometric, radiometric and spectral processing of remote sensing data from space-born instruments (imager, radar, sounder);Support definition, implementation and use of simulation models to generate representative data for the analysis of these algorithms, covering the scene of observation, the instrument signal path and the relevant satellite characteristics;Support establishment of specifications for the operational processing of satellite remote sensing data.
The location for this position is on one of the major sites of our client in Southern Germany. Our client is one of the key players in the European satellite and launcher industries. At this site around 2500 people are employed, working on space and defense projects. The space division is specialized in Earth Observation, Navigation and Science.
In this position as Satellite Payload Simulation Engineer, you will be responsible for design,prototyping and analysis of algorithms.
Tasks & Responsibilities
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.
- Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or comparable field;
- Minimum five years of experience in Software development, Simulation, Programming, Test and Verification;
- Experience with Matlab or C++;
- Team player with excellent communication skills;
- Service and customer orientated person with high sense of responsibility;
- High level of assertiveness;
- Fluent in English, German would be nice to have.