Satellite Vu was founded in 2016 with the aim to fill the void in high resolution thermal data from space. It has, since then, turned into a high-growth space tech company poised to help the globe address its sustainability challenges through high-resolution thermal imaging. We are on a quest to ensure any structure on the planet is energy efficient and support the reduction of businesses’ carbon footprint. In near real-time, we will use infrared technology to monitor the Earth and will be able to assess and determine insights into economic activity. This will allow businesses to make decisions to become more environmentally friendly.
GEOSPATIAL ENGINEER ROLE
Satellite Vu is looking for a Geospatial Engineer to join our existing growing team where you will help support, create and maintain and number of internal and external APi’s for ourselves and our customers.
We are constantly working with numerous amounts of satellite imagery and transferring the images into qualitative informational data and these images can be actioned. The Engineering team are tasked with processing images where this information can used by our customers when needed.
This role is for an engineer who has experience with image processing code at scale.
This role is for engineers at all levels.
- 3+ years of experience writing software to manipulate geospatial data
- Extensive knowledge of GDAL and other open-source GIS tools
- Experience writing production code in Python (Flask)
- Knowledge of how to scale code with cloud computing resources, e.g. AWS or GCP
- Experience leveraging scientific computing using Python in a Unix/Linux environment
- A passion for Programming, Photography, Remote Sensing, Earth Sciences, and Geography
- Develop image processing software to deliver imagery products
- Implement image quality metrics
Bonus if you have:
- Knowledge of emerging geospatial standards e.g. STAC, COG
- Experience with existing and evolving standards for representing geospatial data on the web
- Solid background in machine learning and statistics
- Attractive base salary
- 25 Days Holiday + Birthday Off
- Company Pension
- Flexible working (office in Holborn)
- Home Office Budget
- Learning & development allowance
- Access to PerkBox – www.perkbox.com/uk
- Contribution to moving to renewable energy provider at home
As part of our pre-employment screening process, we may undertake background checks on applicants who receive an offer of employment. We have in place an appropriate policy document and safeguards which we are required by law to maintain when processing vetting data.
Satellite Vu is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity within our team. We strive to provide equality and fairness for all job applicants and employees, and never discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, age, race, ethnicity, religion, or physical differences.
We are opposed to all forms of unlawful treatment and discrimination.
Our ambition is for our team and its Board to be representative of the diversity in society, and for every employee to feel respected and able to bring their best selves to work.
Agencies/Recruiters: We will reach out if assistance is needed so, please be advised.
Satellite Vu does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Satellite Vu will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Satellite Vu explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Satellite Vu.