CREATING A SAFER AND MORE SUSTAINABLE WORLD
Satellite Vu was founded in 2016 with the aim to fill the void in high resolution thermal data from space. It has, since then, turned into a high-growth space tech company poised to help the globe address its sustainability challenges through high-resolution thermal imaging. We are on a quest to ensure any structure on the planet is energy efficient and support the reduction of businesses’ carbon footprint. In near real-time, we will use infrared technology to monitor the Earth and will be able to assess and determine insights into economic activity. This will allow businesses to make decisions to reduce their climate impact.
WHAT YOU WILL BE GETTING INVOLVED IN
As an early stages business, you can expect your role to develop over time. However, some of the types of things you could be getting involved in are:
- Build and maintain a roadmap for constant improvement, support, and maintenance of our Satellite Vu imagery product
- Contributing in defining the packaging, pricing, licensing and go-to-market strategy for Imagery products.
- Work closely with Business Development to understand customer needs and how to ensure our imagery products support user workflows and enable new markets
- Work closely with Operations Team to understand internal needs and how to ensure they have the right tool to support imagery quality
- Proactively engage with other Product Managers and Engineering teams to ensure development dependencies outside your direct control are coordinated effectively.
- Provide guidance to clients, partners, and team members for issue resolution related to your product
- Work across the entire organization to cultivate and drive the product roadmap and the product discovery for imagery products offerings.
- Lead the product lifecycle process from hypotheses to launch through management of people and projects.
- Set imagery products priorities and coordinate with management and team leads to advance projects from development through implementation
WHAT YOU MIGHT BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Previous experience as a product manager
- Experience in imagery applications and characteristics; familiarity with concepts like resolution, compositing, radiometry, rectification, etc.
- Working collaboratively in a constantly evolving environment.
- Good communication skills at the technical level, and using a variety of tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Miro)
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills
- Must be energetic, empathetic, creative, and self-motivated
- Diversity of experience is appreciated and valued
HOW WE WILL INTERVIEW YOU:
- Call with our Head of Product to discuss the role in more detail as well as your own wants and needs. The call will last about 30 minutes
- Product Challenge with Product Team which will last around 45 minutes
- Informal chat with wider team members and Founders
- Competitive Salary
- Share options
- 25 days holiday (plus birthday day off)
- Hybrid office / remote (Wednesdays and Thursdays in the office in Central London)
- Learning and development allowance
- Perkbox and a contribution to enable a renewable energy provider at home
As part of our pre-employment screening process, we may undertake background checks on applicants who receive an offer of employment. We have in place appropriate policies and safeguards which we are required by law to maintain when processing vetting data.
Satellite Vu is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity within our team. We strive to provide equality and fairness for all job applicants and employees, and never discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, age, race, ethnicity, religion, or physical differences.
We are opposed to all forms of unlawful treatment and discrimination.
Our ambition is for our team and its Board to be representative of the diversity in society, and for every employee to feel respected and able to bring their best selves to work.