Satellogic is the first vertically integrated geospatial analytics company, driving real outcomes for its customers with planetary-scale insights they can trust. Satellogic's low-Earth-orbit satellite constellation, platform, and data science teams work together to deliver end-to-end solutions at the right cost. The company makes sense of the data so customers can focus on the big decisions at hand.
About the Company
Our satellite engineers, AI experts, and solution specialists are on a mission to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many forces that reshape it every day. We bring space down to earth for large enterprises and governments of all sizes who need to see for themselves how our world is changing.
Satellogic. Now you see.
The Attitude and Orbit Control System (AOCS) team is in charge of pointing satellite payloads (cameras and others) to specific targets on Earth and of placing and maintaining the satellites in the desired orbits.
As an Attitude Guidance, Navigation, and Control Engineer in the AOCS team, you will conceive, specify, design, implement, and maintain flight and simulation software for attitude estimation and control. This includes the conception, simulation, tuning, testing, in-orbit commissioning, calibration, and automation of multiple kinds of attitude maneuvers.
- Conceive, architect, design, implement, test, and maintain GNC algorithms to meet satellite pointing requirements.
- Perform system and software in-the-loop simulations, including the conception of mathematical models for sensors, actuators, systems, and space environment.
- Offer tier 3 support on GNC flight software and sensor calibration during satellite commissioning and operations.
- Establish GNC Service Level Indicators to provide performance monitoring, reliability assurance, and feedback to systems design.
Education & Experience:
- BSc in Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Background or coursework in statistics, control theory, dynamics, statistical estimation (Kalman filtering), or signal processing
- 3+ years experience in statistical estimation, controls, astrodynamics, and/or attitude dynamics is required.
- Programming (python, C/C++).
- Problem solving: Ability to analyze problems and search for solutions, always exploring multiple alternatives.
- Communication: Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in excellent English at all hierarchical levels.
- Organization: Excellent people, time, and risk management skills.
- Attitude: Empathy, initiative, accountability.
- Minimum Experience Mid-level
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work. In order to apply, send us your updated CV and a cover letter (both are required).