Satellogic is the first vertically integrated geospatial analytics company, driving real outcomes for its customers with planetary-scale insights they can trust. Satellogic's low-Earth-orbit satellite constellation, platform, and data science teams work together to deliver end-to-end solutions at the right cost. The company makes sense of the data so customers can focus on the big decisions at hand.
About the Company
Our satellite engineers, AI experts, and solution specialists are on a mission to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many forces that reshape it every day. We bring space down to earth for large enterprises and governments of all sizes who need to see for themselves how our world is changing.
Satellogic. Now you see.
The Attitude and Orbit Control System (AOCS) team is in charge of pointing satellite payloads (cameras and others) to specific targets on Earth and of placing and maintaining the satellites in the desired orbits.
As an Orbital Control Engineer in the AOCS team you will specify, design, and implement flight and simulation software for orbital maneuvering. This includes the conception, simulation, test, in-orbit commissioning, and automation of several different kinds of orbital maneuvers such as phasing, plane change, altitude change, station keeping, and collision avoidance, and also maneuvering support satellite commissioning and operations.
- Design and implementation of orbital maneuvers such as phasing, plane change, altitude change, station keeping, and collision avoidance for constellation orbital control.
- Development of flight dynamics simulation modules and orbital determination tools.
- Conducting flight dynamics, orbital maneuvering, collision avoidance, and constellation analysis which may include mission lifetime, decommissioning, and constellation safety.
Education & Experience:
- BSc in Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Background or coursework in orbital mechanics
- 3+ years experience in orbit determination, statistical estimation of dynamic systems, astrodynamics, general dynamics, or propulsion systems is required.
- Programming (python, C/C++).
- Problem solving: Ability to analyze problems and search for solutions, always exploring multiple alternatives.
- Communication: Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in excellent English at all hierarchical levels.
- Organization: Excellent people, time, and risk management skills.
- Attitude: Empathy, initiative, accountability.
- Minimum Experience Mid-level