Bringing space down to earth We are building the first scalable earth observation platform with the ability to remap the entire planet at both high-frequency and high-resolution.
As a Flight Engineer you will be part of the team responsible for the commissioning, operability and maintenance processes of our satellite fleet, throughout their lifetime. Specifically, as a Bus System Flight Engineer, you will focus on the quality, throughput and reliability of the power, communications, on board computers and AOCS system of our satellites. You will work with the Satellite Operations team from launch and services startup, to monitoring the fleet performance, until decommissioning, and closely follow the enhancements of a rapidly evolving fleet.
- Define, supervise and maintain the satellite commissioning plan.
- Coordinate and participate in the development and implementation of automatic monitoring, commissioning, operability and maintenance tools.
- Understand the satellite and constellation systemic architecture, tradeoffs and models.
- Assess the satellite performance by means of statistical analysis, providing feedback to design, and to Mission Engineering/Operations.
- Participate in the definition and implementation of automated Service Level Indicators (SLI) monitoring tools and processes.
- Provide systemic support to Satellite Operations.
- Manage interdisciplinary projects and roadmaps related to the commissioning, operability and maintenance of a large fleet of satellites.
- 3+ years working with highly integrated systems and interdisciplinary teams (e.g. electronics, software, optics, mechanics, etc.)
- 3+ years work experience in at least one of the following disciplines: flight dynamics, signal processing, data analytics, telecommunications.
- Experience in project management: drafting proposals, defining roadmaps, tracking results and reporting status.
- Experience working with the Python programming language and the Linux ecosystem.
Skills & Education
- Degree in electronics, systems, aerospace, aeronautical engineering or related fields.
- Flexibility and agility: be comfortable with an ever-changing and fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Communication: excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Initiative: identify improvement opportunities, provide feedback, design solutions.
- Systemic vision: understand the complex architecture of satellites, seek for the system level optimization.
- Ability to understand and manage discrepancies and tradeoffs by exploring different alternatives and points of view.
- Excellent English.