Leveraging space technology to improve life on Earth
About the team
The Field Application Engineering (FAE) team within Satellite Engineering is in charge of defining, implementing and maintaining all performance metrics and Service Level Indicators while supervising the performance of the satellites in orbit, from launch to decommissioning, ensuring that each subsystem meets the Service Level Agreements defined with the stakeholders in terms of Throughput, Quality and Reliability.
The team is always learning and trying to push the limits, relying in part on the large diversity of people’s profiles and backgrounds.
About the position
As a Field Application Engineer – AOCS, you will interact primarily with the Attitude and Orbit Control subsystems of the spacecraft and their associated flight software. As a Field Application Engineer you will design, execute and document in-flight tests and benchmarks, taking ownership of engineering projects aiming to improve the satellite fleet performance. Also, you will support continuous improvement by translating the feedback collected from the performance in orbit into feature development proposals and requirements that have an impact in the design of the satellite.
Remote work from anywhere between UTC-3 and UTC+3 time zones. Satellogic’s office locations include Buenos Aires, Córdoba (Arg.), Barcelona, Rotterdam, Montevideo and Tel Aviv.
- Act as the main interface between the Satellite Engineering team and Mission and Operations – Data Collection team, interfacing as well with the program managers and other systems engineers (Electronics, Mechanical, Thermal, Software, etc).
- Design, implement and lead execution of in-orbit procedures, experiments, and other tasks to characterize and improve the overall performance of the on-board computers.
- Oversee the satellite AOCS datapath during pre-launch and in-orbit activities.
- Lead commissioning tasks of new satellite models and give appropriate support to Mission and Operations during the commissioning of production models.
- Provide second level support to resolve all issues related to the performance of the satellites in orbit, minimizing downtime, addressing technological problems and running Root Cause Analysis.
- Establish satellite validation plans within a multidisciplinary engineering team.
- Provide technical input to future developments and contribute to continuous improvement of products, systems and processes.
- BSc in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Control Engineering or similar.
- Programming in either of Python/C/C++ and being comfortable using Git repositories.
- Strong knowledge of statistics, control theory and signal processing.
- 2+ years of experience in embedded systems (32-bit microcontrollers, Linux and bash scripting).
- Systemic vision, capacity to understand the architecture of complex systems.
- Communication: Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in excellent English at all hierarchical levels.
- Experience interacting with internal customers and stakeholders.
- Open minded and teamwork player.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace