Leveraging space technology to improve life on Earth
About the team
The Electronics team is responsible for the design of all electronic devices of our satellites, the definition of design standards for the company and the delivery of fully validated devices. You will be reporting to the Head of Electronic Engineering Discipline along as the Project Manager of your assigned projects.
The team is always learning and trying to push the limits, relying in part on the large diversity of people’s profiles and backgrounds.
About the position
As a PCB Design Engineer you will be responsible for leading and designing electronic circuit boards that will be used in earth observation satellites. This includes the design of power electronics, analogue & digital signal processing boards, low voltage power supply units, etc. This role will involve working in a multi-disciplinary team of engineers to specify, design, support manufacturing, validation & maintenance of electronic circuit boards and PCB subassemblies used in aerospace electronics.
The preferred location is Buenos Aires, however other options in Argentina such as Córdoba may be considered. Availability to travel to the Pilot Plant facilities in Montevideo (Uruguay) is required.
- Implement aerospace hardware devices based on low level requirements.
- Design and document electronic hardware devices, assemblies and its harnesses for our satellites.
- Interact with PCB manufacturers during development and prototype stages.
- Develop validation procedures and write code in order to test prototypes.
- Review PCB designs for manufacturability and space flight qualification.
- Identify opportunities of improvement of existing hardware designs.
- Keep up with new technology trends to bring new ideas to the satellite.
- Participate in the definition and improvement of the team guidelines.
- Advanced Student or Degree in Electronic Engineering or related fields.
- 2+ years of experience working in high-tech hardware design.
- Experience in testing and debugging of hardware devices.
- Use of PCB Layout software, preferably Altium Designer.
- Strong design background in digital and mixed-signal circuits.
- Basic programming in Python and C and use code version control tools (git).
- Familiar with Linux OS.
- Language: Working proficiency in written and oral English and Spanish language.
- Capacity to learn continuously and passion for pushing the limits.
- Multi-layer high speed signal routing of PCBs such as LVDS, PCI-Express, USB, Ethernet, etc.
- Knowledge of IPC standards regarding PCB design, fabrication and assembly.
- Basic knowledge of 3D CAD tools.
What we value
- Flexibility and agility: be comfortable with an ever-changing and fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Communication: excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Initiative: identify improvement opportunities, provide feedback, design solutions.
- Eager to learn: about your field and related ones.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace