Leveraging space technology to improve life on Earth
About the team
The Satellite Communications team is responsible for design and engineering of the satellite communications systems, including the telemetry and commands bidirectional radio, and the payload data downlink radio.
The team is always learning and trying to push the limits, relying in part on the large diversity of people’s profiles and backgrounds.
About the position
We are looking for a communications engineer to join the team that designs, builds, maintains and continuously improves the satellite communications systems.
The preferred location is Buenos Aires or Montevideo. The position requires availability to travel a minimum of 3 times per year between Montevideo and Buenos Aires.
- Detail-level design, implementation and validation of new satellite communication systems.
- Definition and verification of communication systems requirements and interfaces.
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of the current communication systems.
- Analysis and simulation of communication systems, including link budget, reliability and performance.
- Degree in Electrical or Communications Engineering, or equivalent.
- 3-year experience in RF systems design, testing and validation.
- RF (microwave) circuit and antenna design and measurement.
- Electromagnetic circuits/antennas design and simulation software.
- RF link budget calculation.
- Fluent English, both oral and written.
What we value
- X- and Ka-band circuit design and measurement.
- DVB-S2/S2x communications performance analysis and measurement.
- Digital communications basics.
- Software-defined radio (SDR) hardware platforms.
- Linux operating systems and open source application software.
- Version control system tools (git).
- Python programming.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace